January Transfer Thread 2018/19

Don
OP
Mega transfers to China have all but ended with the tax that was introduced the other year. Also I read something from Simon Chadwick (football finance guy based in China) that suggested that money in China 'was under lockdown' - it was in relation to the Arnoutovic deal but he said that anybody saying they were taking £45m out of the country was either lying or very well connected high up in the Chinese government.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Mega transfers to China have all but ended with the tax that was introduced the other year. Also I read something from Simon Chadwick (football finance guy based in China) that suggested that money in China 'was under lockdown' - it was in relation to the Arnoutovic deal but he said that anybody saying they were taking £45m out of the country was either lying or very well connected high up in the Chinese government.

Anyone whos anyone in China is connected to the Chinese government. Please give us £30m for Fellaini China. Please

Don
OP
Anyone whos anyone in China is connected to the Chinese government. Please give us £30m for Fellaini China. Please
I won't pretend to be an expert on Chinese finance or politics but as I said, the days of mega transfers to China appear to be over.

To get any fee for Fellaini is an achievement. Given his age and the size of the contract he's on at Utd, other than China or similar, who's going to want him? A Palace or Burnley might want him but they can't or won't pay him the wages he's on + a transfer fee to Utd.

Soldato
just to get him off the book 18 months early will be an achievement, and to get money to do so even more so.

Was really hoping Darmain would end up going somewhere, but looks like all 3 clubs were thinking they would get him on a free. Not sure how much help he will be but hey ho.

Don
OP
just to get him off the book 18 months early will be an achievement, and to get money to do so even more so.

Was really hoping Darmain would end up going somewhere, but looks like all 3 clubs were thinking they would get him on a free. Not sure how much help he will be but hey ho.
I know Frank. It was just a response to Nick as he believed that £15m was easily achieveable (as well as £10m for Mata who'll be out of contract in 5 months) and appeared to be patting himself on the back.

As I said earlier, to get any fee for him was an achievement, even if it is around the £7-10m mark and probably relied on a Chinese club coming in for him.

Back
Top Bottom