** January Transfer Window 2011/12 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Tummy does actually have a point the term World Class is over used and I totally agree with him the term should be reserved for the likes of Ronaldo and Messi only but for the sake of this argument I've gone along with it suffice to say though the likes of Hazard are a level above of say Chamberlain and or Ronaldo when we signed him.

;)

/want to mentioned that forwards aren't the only World Class players :p but I'm sure you know this.

Soldato
He's young, there is no reason at all he wouldn't choose a stepping stone club as he might see it, Spurs, then on to Utd/Real/Barca/City in a couple years after he's an established player in a "proper" league.

there's a big reason why he wouldn't go to a stepping stone club and that's because the teams you're saying he could move to in a couple of years time are all after him now (note when I say that I don't specifically mean us because like you said we've got more orthodox wingers than we know what to do with)

The lad at Ajax is the type of player that you're describing.

Caporegime
Alas we're digressing, to answer your question imo Hazard right now would chose United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea & City all over Spurs at the moment. That said I also think he'd chose Real Madrid over any team in the PL also.

You seem to forget DM, money speaks.

Pretty damn sure no one said he'd go to Arsenal or Pool over Spurs neither.

;)

Also, money speaks but, lets say at Lyon he's lucky to be on 40k a week, sure City can offer 150k a week, though they still might not, remember FFP is coming in and people aren't really looking to add huge wages on till they know how FFP will shake out, but 100k a week at Arsenal, 70k a week at Spurs maybe, 100k a week at Barca.

Be honest, would you even give a crap? He's already rich, he'll finish his career stonking rich, and don't forget players make as much again, if not a lot more in some cases via sponsorship deals, those will be worth more, the more he's playing and the more he's scoring.

I mean affelay isn't a bad example, maybe not rated quite as highly, but another player with the potential to be world class did go to Barca, and barely gets played, had he gone to say Spurs, he'd get a crapload more games, more experience, more goals, more advertising money and the chance to move to a "bigger" team like Barca as a 30mil star who would play first team, rather than a "youngster" who is seen as for the future and barely playing.

How much is enough, numbers talk but only so much, City may have offered big money to some of Arsenal's players, and others, but they also offered a VERY obvious very real title fight very soon. People joining City 3 years ago knew exactly where the team was heading.

Money's great, but realistically if you earn 50k a week or 250k, you'll probably lead an identical life buying the same stuff and just have a bigger balance when you die.

Caporegime
there's a big reason why he wouldn't go to a stepping stone club and that's because the teams you're saying he could move to in a couple of years time are all after him now (note when I say that I don't specifically mean us because like you said we've got more orthodox wingers than we know what to do with)

Lots of big teams go after players like him, and lots of those teams then play them off the bench or in the reserve for months/years before becoming an established first teamer, Real/Barca are littered with expensive "stars" who never get to play. At real he'd be another name fighting for a bench slot, at Spurs he'd play 38 league games a year if he's fit and able and he'll become stupid rich at either club, he'll become more famous and a bigger star playing at a smaller club than being on the bench at a huge club.

Caporegime
I think at the very top level of European football the money is secondary. You want to play for the best team or be part of the best team, in pure footballing terms.

I also think that the top clubs would offer such good deals that actually location plays a part too.

Soldato
Lots of big teams go after players like him, and lots of those teams then play them off the bench or in the reserve for months/years before becoming an established first teamer, Real/Barca are littered with expensive "stars" who never get to play. At real he'd be another name fighting for a bench slot, at Spurs he'd play 38 league games a year if he's fit and able and he'll become stupid rich at either club, he'll become more famous and a bigger star playing at a smaller club than being on the bench at a huge club.

I honestly think that rationale is long in the past nowadays, very few players go simply where they think they'll get a game, they go to the club that has the most prestige, offers the most money and seemingly is more often the case these days who offers the nicest location. It also goes without saying if a club signs a player for €30m+ chances are initially at least the intention is to play the said player.

Associate

Hazard himself has stated that He does not want to play in Spain just yet and has made clear his ambition to play in England, Imo, That includes Spurs, His reason for not wanting To go to Madrid is because of the lack of game time he is likely to get, The same could be said of signing for Barca right now.

That leaves 4 teams in England who he could play for, He would have the same problem at City and Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are probably a distant thought right now, Which really leaves Utd and Spurs, Tbh A move to Utd would be probable, Because Contrary to what most are saying, Hazard prefers a more central role even if he is equally adept at playing out wide, Though he might see Utd as much a restrictive move as all the other clubs that could not guarantee him 1st team football.

At the end of the day if it is purely money based then expect him to be at Chelsea or City, Though I think the lad is quite level headed and according to some sources, It is Hazard himself who has a personal interest in Spurs not his Agent.

Associate
Soldato
...and seemingly is more often the case these days who offers the nicest location...

North/South divide in England usually favors players and manager moving to London clubs (or Manchester and Liverpool because of there establishment).

Who wants to travel all the way up to the north east of England when it's less travel to be based in London. Also the expensive shops in London make the wags influence the players to be based at a club in London I bet :p

Us northern clubs are hindered from the offset :o :p

Soldato
Well its official this christmas worst signing award actually goes to Ricardo Vas Te who goes down as the single dullest footballer iv ever had the displeasure of watching. Never seen a player fail to get near the ball, fail to take on an opponent and has to dive as his only way out of trouble to a point where its embarrassing to watch.

Big Sam could have eaten the 750k in pennies and achieved more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom