** January Transfer Window 2011/12 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The kind of player who wants guaranteed champions league football and there is every chance that Bale or Modric will be off in the summer if a large enough offer comes in.

He might come to Spurs but I am sure that there are a number of other sides such as United, Chelsea and City that wouldn't mind having him around.

There is always a chance they could go but who is going to buy Bale for £50 million? We wont sell him to City, That much is for sure, Levy knows that selling Bale now would be ludicrous, At that fee Barca would not be able to afford that (they have stated as much) and to some extent it is the same with Modric, Even after all the summer shenanigans, Why would he go to Chelsea now, Assuming things stay as they are? If we turned down down £30 million for him in the summer we aint gonna take that this summer! So you are looking at £90 million for two players, Only two clubs could afford either one of those.

Are Chelsea really that much of a prospect now? Man utd dont seem to be too vocal when spending big money on players nowadays and Man city would be a money motivated move and could well leave him stuck if things turn bad ala Tevez.

Associate
I think Mancini will stop at nothing after missing out on Alexis.

We lack real pace and width in our team and offload Johnson to Liverpool for 25m and the fee for Hazard is cheap :D

Hazard is not a an out and out wide player mate, He either plays on the left, cutting in with his right or in the No.10 role, Which is probably his more preferred role, I think he has played there for Lille most of this season.

The way Mancini sets up his stall, Is to play quite narrow in the final third, leaving your fullbacks to exploit the flanks, Seems to suit the players he has well.

You could offload Johnson for £50 million and Liverpool would think they have got a bargain :D

Soldato
Hazard is not a an out and out wide player mate, He either plays on the left, cutting in with his right or in the No.10 role, Which is probably his more preferred role, I think he has played there for Lille most of this season.

The way Mancini sets up his stall, Is to play quite narrow in the final third, leaving your fullbacks to exploit the flanks, Seems to suit the players he has well.

You could offload Johnson for £50 million and Liverpool would think they have got a bargain :D
I know he is not an out and out winger but would give us something different going forward.

v Everton, v Sunderland etc we looked out of options.

It is unlikely we will sign him but i am sure Mancini will fancy him considering he didnt get Alexis.

Associate
I know he is not an out and out winger but would give us something different going forward.

v Everton, v Sunderland etc we looked out of options.

It is unlikely we will sign him but i am sure Mancini will fancy him considering he didnt get Alexis.

Ha,ha After all the money Citeh have spent you look out of options...:eek:

Really the option you have missed is Yaya Toure, You can talk all day long about your Silva`s and Aguero`s But Toure has been missed big time, He does so much damage to the opposition with his lung busting runs through the middle, Pulls defenders everywhere and in turn creates loads of space for your flair players...When he gets back, I predict Citeh will go back to their dominating ways.

Associate
Soldato
why are people having such a hard time with the possibility of hazard coming to spurs?

he's young and would gain great experience and is obviously attracted to our style of play, which, when it works, is the best in the prem and up there with the best in europe.

wages could be a stumbling block but levy is a master at negotiating things.

still, i wont hold my breath.

Don
why are people having such a hard time with the possibility of hazard coming to spurs?

he's young and would gain great experience and is obviously attracted to our style of play, which, when it works, is the best in the prem and up there with the best in europe.

wages could be a stumbling block but levy is a master at negotiating things.

still, i wont hold my breath.

Sorry, regardless of Spurs' position in the league I can't see them attracting players that the big clubs want.. It was the same when Leeds got into the CL and we got linked with players such as Van Nistelrooy etc, knew it would never happen.

Soldato

Because the lad is already on the verge of being world class, no disrespect but when was the last time Spurs signed a genuine world class player? Hazard will have his pick (probably) of all the biggest clubs in Europe in the summer all of which can at worst match your bid and unquestionably offer more in terms of wages.

From what I gather he's been tipped for a long time now most likely to join Real Madrid, now whether their attention has since moved to Gotze I dont know but alas wasn't there rumours of Chelsea being in for him in January as well?

Again no disrespect but this seems a classic case of him name dropping a club (Spurs) in order to get his name in the headlines and to force other clubs to make their move.

Soldato
no disrespect but when was the last time Spurs signed a genuine world class player?.

modric, VDV.

modric was a pretty established player, his qualities were known, the question mark was over his build and whether he'd cope with the physical side of the prem, which he has. just ask ferguson. do you think modric has regrets about not being at chelsea right now? i doubt. as a side note, i think AVB is on borrowed time!

VDV, again, an established player (who i also am pretty sure united were interested in a few seasons ago) though it is now evident he is a slightly unorthodox player in terms of where he can fit into a team and his inability to consistently last 90 mins but at £8m, he was a bargain.

spurs have been progressing (bar the ramos blip) since jol, it's time for liverpool, arsenal, chelsea to step aside and see if we can attract the more established players.

our wage structure will have to get broken sooner or later and i'm just as interested in the hazard rumour and whether it bares any fruit because of this as it could be detremental.

Associate
Because the lad is already on the verge of being world class, no disrespect but when was the last time Spurs signed a genuine world class player? Hazard will have his pick (probably) of all the biggest clubs in Europe in the summer all of which can at worst match your bid and unquestionably offer more in terms of wages.

From what I gather he's been tipped for a long time now most likely to join Real Madrid, now whether their attention has since moved to Gotze I dont know but alas wasn't there rumours of Chelsea being in for him in January as well?

Again no disrespect but this seems a classic case of him name dropping a club (Spurs) in order to get his name in the headlines and to force other clubs to make their move.

Why would he need to name drop if he is already a world class player and has been on the radar of top clubs for such a long time? And even if Chelsea were in for him that don't mean to say he will want to go there come the summer given their current situation.

When Modric came to spurs, There were a host of top clubs watching him and yet we still nabbed him, I reckon he aint too bad, might even fall into the "world class" Bracket.

He has already stated that he wants to play 1st team football as opposed to sitting on the bench waiting for his chance at Madrid and let`s be honest, Madrid have enough players that play the role he does.

I would not write off Spurs chances of signing him and at 21 he might consider us his best option of playing football to his style.

Caporegime
Neither Modric or VdV were world class (Of course Hazard isn't either yet)

Modric was a good player who was starting to establish himself, Van De Vaart was a good player who didn't make it at Madrid and was getting back on his feet in Germany. He just wasn't, and still isn't world class.

Soldato
Ha,ha After all the money Citeh have spent you look out of options...:eek:

Really the option you have missed is Yaya Toure, You can talk all day long about your Silva`s and Aguero`s But Toure has been missed big time, He does so much damage to the opposition with his lung busting runs through the middle, Pulls defenders everywhere and in turn creates loads of space for your flair players...When he gets back, I predict Citeh will go back to their dominating ways.
Out of options when our usual system doesn't work yes. Has been a similar case with Barca this year really.

When we play teams who just put 11 men behind the ball i think it is width and pace which is whats needed. Silva and Nasri always look to drift in.

Hazard would provide bit of both.

I have always thought that if we lose Yaya and we are still ahead when he comes back we have a real chance. That coupled with Balotelli's return and it will be a interesting run in.

Soldato
Neither Modric or VdV were world class (Of course Hazard isn't either yet)

then we will continue with the trend of turning very good players into world class players. another great reason for him to come to us.

bale has become phenominal under us. parker is now consistently our star player (just does an ugly job so doesn't get much attention) and i think sandro could be a bit decent too.

Associate
modric, VDV.

our wage structure will have to get broken sooner or later and i'm just as interested in the hazard rumour and whether it bares any fruit because of this as it could be detremental.

It will be later as long as Levy is in charge which is a good thing. Until we have a new stadium we will not be able to match the wages of the big spenders in Europe in a sustainable way. We don't want to end up as another Leeds, or Portsmouth. Thankfully Levy is a on the ball as we all know what Harry is like when he is let of the leash at clubs where transfers is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom