January Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings

Soldato
So....anyone available for loan atm?

Ashley Barnes has been given a 4-game ban, which could be extended as they are saying he tripped the ref up(not seen it myself), CMS and Hoskins out for the season, Dobbie gone off on loan to Palace!

Gus has said that he will sign a loan player before next week. I am wondering who would be available.

Soldato
There is a rumor on the city forums that your signing Guidetti.

However he has played only two reserve matches all season and is still way off match fitness!

Unless he is closer to match fitness than we think and we are just not taking a risk on him because we want to loan him.

Soldato
hmm, talk of Eventon selling Baines and Fellani to fund new purchases. Unless they have to sell I can't see why they would let their two most influential players leave to "improve the squad".

sometimes selling two players to be able to buy 5 -6 to give more legs / depth in a long season is necessary.

Of course its a gamble - but would Everton be worse off if Fellani /Baines broke a leg or something and were out for 8 weeks or whatever?

fez

fez

Caporegime
sometimes selling two players to be able to buy 5 -6 to give more legs / depth in a long season is necessary.

Of course its a gamble - but would Everton be worse off if Fellani /Baines broke a leg or something and were out for 8 weeks or whatever?

Hmm, I know what you mean but without those two, I would wager they would be a lot worse off this season. If they could do some great business like Michu then yeah, sell the lot!

They might have been able to raid the French league but I'm not sure there is one after Newcastles January window.

Soldato
hmm, talk of Eventon selling Baines and Fellani to fund new purchases. Unless they have to sell I can't see why they would let their two most influential players leave to "improve the squad".

surprised by Baines, to the extent hes been one of there best players when i've seen the games.

fellani i can sort of understand, with all his chelsea links i think his heads turned and he doesn't want to be there, and after the crowd reaction when he was subbed against wigan there seems to be a bit of an issue.

seen mention on the bbc webby (alright source is the mail, but.......) that arsenal might be getting rid of Vermaelen and getting a No1 keeper in to replace Szczesny.

reasons mentioned relate to poor performance/attitude, but i cant help thinking its at least partly to do with wenger trying to cover himself.

Soldato
surprised by Baines, to the extent hes been one of there best players when i've seen the games.

fellani i can sort of understand, with all his chelsea links i think his heads turned and he doesn't want to be there, and after the crowd reaction when he was subbed against wigan there seems to be a bit of an issue.

seen mention on the bbc webby (alright source is the mail, but.......) that arsenal might be getting rid of Vermaelen and getting a No1 keeper in to replace Szczesny.

reasons mentioned relate to poor performance/attitude, but i cant help thinking its at least partly to do with wenger trying to cover himself.

Aren't the latest rumors of Valdes going to arsenal, with Reina going to Barca?

Soldato
it won;t suprise me if they go, i think oviedo may be his replacement as he can play left back as well as AM.

fellaini hasn't been the same since christmas and coming out with he's happy. if we get £25 m for him i'll be happy. off the wage bill and gives us 3-4 £5 mil players in return.

baines i'd not be supprised if he goes to utd. they want him and would happily pay £20 mil for him. but known sir alex and bill, they will stike a crap deal for us on the last transfer day and we'll get some has beens in trade.

Soldato
it won;t suprise me if they go, i think oviedo may be his replacement as he can play left back as well as AM.

fellaini hasn't been the same since christmas and coming out with he's happy. if we get £25 m for him i'll be happy. off the wage bill and gives us 3-4 £5 mil players in return.

baines i'd not be supprised if he goes to utd. they want him and would happily pay £20 mil for him. but known sir alex and bill, they will stike a crap deal for us on the last transfer day and we'll get some has beens in trade.

Neville has been class for everton, and gibson isnt doing too bad is he? :p

Soldato
Well, Gus has said that we will definitely be bringing a loan signing in before the Forest game.....no idea who we will get though.

There is a rumor on the city forums that your signing Guidetti.

However he has played only two reserve matches all season and is still way off match fitness!

Unless he is closer to match fitness than we think and we are just not taking a risk on him because we want to loan him.

I saw this mentioned on a Brighton forum this morning, so maybe it is on. He seems to be quite well thought of.

I wouldn't be against Odemwinge tbh. He won't play for West Brom again this season, and he needs to put himself out there. Wouldn't be a bad move.

I think I read somewhere about Raheem Sterling being available for loan....is that still happening?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Luis Suarez getting ready for the summer:

Before a transfer window in which the 26-year-old striker is likely to be the subject of fevered speculation, Suárez said that if an offer is lodged by a Champions League club, one with “more prospects of competing in international club competition games”, he will evaluate the bid.

Suárez did not suggest that he is seeking a move from Anfield and stressed how happy he is to be “at an elite team like Liverpool”, but his comments will hardly assuage fears that the club could find it difficult to retain his services beyond this season.

“You never know in football,” Suárez said. “A player’s ambition is always there, the ambition of wanting to play in elite teams is always there.

“I’m in a world-class team, an elite team like Liverpool. And if another team comes around with more prospects of competing in international club competition games, which is willing to have [me], they are welcome. We would talk to the club, we would see if I want to go, if I don’t want to go.”

Soldato
You have to love selective quotes when the media report things,

I am very happy at Liverpool but you never know in football,” said Suarez, speaking in his homeland ahead of their World Cup qualifier with Paraguay on Friday.

“A player’s ambition is always there, the ambition of wanting to play in elite teams is always there.

“I’m in a world-class team, an elite team like Liverpool. We have to realise we have a new manager who is imposing a philosophy and a way of playing that the players are adapting to as best we can. We hope that it will bear fruit next year.

But Cosimo's 'quote' basically says if a team that is better than us right now make an acceptable offer which suits him and the club, and he decides he might like to play for said club, then he may or may not leave....?

We're dooooooomed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom