January Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings

Soldato
So let me get this straight your sources say the rumours about him leaving this week are BS however the club do want to get rid?

Well it's journos that work within the guardian, but essentially yes they aren't averse to selling him.

You can listen for yourself! Jump on itunes and download Football Weekly/Football Weekly Extra.

Can't stand 606 phone in or podcast. Alan Green drives me up the wall and as for the people that phone in .

Also, the World football phone in is utterly magnificent radio and the podcast is brilliant. Can't recommend it enough.

I've never listened to the Anfield Wrap, or a podcast based around a club before, as I presume it's a Liverpool based podcast.

606 is comedy gold! Will give the World Football phone in a listen to, TAW is a Liverpool based podcast yes. It's really interesting, and you do get some Liverpool (the city) based bits, not too much though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was that a yes then? :p

Ive not seen it, but from the various reports he was fairly calm. He could quite easily gone into a huge tirade but has just accepted it and wants to move on.

He did have one remark about how he was worried about the appointment of the ref well before the game :D

Caporegime
lol, how much will he leave for in 2 years, after a year on loan, after he's not happy that he gets shafted to favour Messi.

Eto'o, Ibra and now Villa, the last being a god damned Spanish hero, crucial to their first international trophy(ever or just in ages, can't remember?), and all of them have been pushed out of the team for the sake of Messi. Did they not learn from the last time they spent obscene money on a player who would want to play where Messi wants to?

Assuming of course its true, they want to buy marquee signings to tell their fans they are competing on par with Real, its been that way for 15 years between those two, one signs an expensive player, the other one has to as well.

Sanchez hasn't really worked out, cost too much and isn't that good. Villa is looking set to leave, despite being a Spanish hero, even that isn't enough to save him. Ibra was ridiculously expensive and loaned out after a very successful year, then sold after another successful year, for a ridiculously low price.

Frankly the next "star" striker who goes to Barca is very likely to be left pretty pee'd off at playing second string to Messi, finding the entire club, and fans favour Messi, and finding themselves pushed out of position for him. Fair enough, Messi is awesome, but Barca should be spending any money they can on a new defence, a new striker is a complete waste.

Caporegime
I can see Neymar thinking, hmm, FFP, they might be looking to reduce wages in a couple seasons, better to move now, for a huge fee and get a huge wage. In a couple years clubs will be using FFP as an excuse to spend less money on transfers and wages, ultimately I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few prospects try and force a move in the next transfer window just in case they'll get worse deals later on.

Man of Honour
You can never trust these rumoured 'fees' anyway, €92m could be including the player's package as well.

Personally from what I've seen of Neymar he isn't anywhere close to justifying such a pricetag yet, I've seen him have poor games and he wouldn't get in my Barca team. He is also a terrible diver and judging by that cup game a while back seems to have a massive ego as well (basically, if he gets tackled he can't accept it and feigns injury), although that doesn't really have much bearing in anything.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Williams is a decent player but Wenger doesn't seem to like spending transfer fees on British CBs - if he was prepared to stump up for a bit of British Steel then he would have bought Jagielka a couple of seasons ago but instead went shopping back home for Squillaci and Koscielny.

Caporegime
Wenger hasn't signed him yet, so DM wont be trashing the player until the summer at the earliest. :p

He's a solid player, mostly appears to be a leader in the team which is something Arsenal desparately need, but based on how every other defensive signing for 6 years has gone, any good part of his game would be gone within a year, 2 max, before he was crap again. As with last year, and the one before, and the one before that, I see no point us signing anyone just to watch Wenger turn them into a rubbish player.

Not sure Williams is THAT good, he's certainly pretty decent and I'd take him at Arsenal... along with a new manager or someone given full control of training and organising the defence. Maybe Williams being a proper leader could organise the defence fairly well on his own, I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom