January Transfer Window 2013/2014 Season Rumours/Signings/KonoplyankOFF:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well I said when we missed out on Salah that I felt we would end up signing nobody, and sure enough, we didnt sign anyone. I also said at the time that if we failed to sign someone then Liverpool wouldnt manage to finish in the top four, and I stand by that still.

All of our major competitors strengthened, we remained the same. That would have been fine if it was them chasing us, but its not, we were already chasing and now they have got stronger (by what degree is to be seen, but stronger none the less) and we havent.

I cannot now foresee us managing to remain in the top four, and I think we will drift away to 5th or 6th. Which undoubtedly will trigger a release in Suarez contract in the summer or some such, leaving him to head off for CL football next season.

I'm not sure who is to blame for the transfer window failings but I think that Liverpool really needs to seriously look at the way we handle transfers. We seem to overly dither, over-haggle and not chase targets with conviction.
Agree with you on that though I had similiar feeling in summer that we ignored key positions, I'm happy with some of players that we have bought over all. Our loans have been poor, I'd rather of kept suso tbh and they money we bought Alberto with been used elsewhere. I think we make transfers too complex with all the people involved. Suarez will look at this window and be disappointed probably all ready planning his exit

Caporegime
So all we ended up with is Kim ****ing Kallstrom :(, i just hope he does a good job when he is asked to play and thankfully its only a loan deal rather than a permanent one.

Looks like we will have to rely on the squad we have now to get us through to the end of the season. Will be an interesting end to the season for us though, to see if we still are in the fight come end of this month or we have completely imploded like we normally do.

Soldato
He did start in the league and as far as I can tell, he scored when he came off the bench against the irrepressibly good... Fulham.

Where did I say AVB was a great judge, people are saying that Sherwood doesn't like him, I merely said two managers didn't have faith in him, including the guy that bought him. The stats do not hint at him out performing the SPurs squad when played, in the europa league where I highlighted to you Spurs had no trouble scoring at all, Holtby got a 2 goals and 3 assists. You keep saying Spurs can't score yet he was scoring and assisting.

Spurs couldn't score IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE, Holtby played a decent amount, as a sub and starting, and provided one goal, looked crap in almost every game, ran about a lot, did nothing. In Europa where the team scored plenty, he got a couple goals, against really really poor opposition who are far far below premier league quality.

The stats suggest against prem league quality, he's completely unsuitable, against some terrible teams in poor leagues, he did okay.

This is a chicken and egg debate. I will agree to differ and let his career decide the winner :)

Soldato
So all we ended up with is Kim ****ing Kallstrom :(, i just hope he does a good job when he is asked to play and thankfully its only a loan deal rather than a permanent one.

Looks like we will have to rely on the squad we have now to get us through to the end of the season. Will be an interesting end to the season for us though, to see if we still are in the fight come end of this month or we have completely imploded like we normally do.

I don't understand how you can complain about signing Kallstrom when you've already admitted to knowing nothing about him... Seems very stupid.

Associate
So another deal missed out on, questions need to be asked though.

Ayre spent 3 days in the Ukraine. If the owner was unwilling to sell he would have know of his stance and it would have left us a little time at least to look at other options. 3 days to get a deal done when the owner was refusing from the start? Makes no sense.

Secondly, why leave it till 2 days before deadline day to go after Kono? OK we were after Salah but were apparently in talks for 2 months. I mean come on, that is ridiculous in itself We should have had deals sorted early in January, Ayre or FSG have been massively messing around.

This way of handling business can not go on, it stared last summer and we missed out on Willian, Mkhitaryan etc and before that Dempsey and Sigurrdson. We may have dodged a bullet with a few but the point still stands. Other clubs get business done quickly, we drag our heels and get gazumped or miss out all together.

I am very much for FSG and what they are doing but questions need asking now. It's not good enough.

Man of Honour
Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet are reporting that Kim Källström could face 2-3 months out after having been injured in training for Arsenal.

:o

Caporegime
So it seems they knew about the injury/found out at the last minute, but went ahead anyway,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26000458

I suppose they had to, given it was a last minute thing and probably didn't have time to move onto another option. He won't be out that long/'only' misses six matches.

This is Arsenal, predicted come back date, 6 games, actual date first available, 6months, reinjured 6 games after that, then he'll leave Arsenal in 6 years(okay doesn't quite work with a loan but, you get the gist) :p

Simple thing is, for x amount of cash a week, paying for someone who is pretty much going to be missing for 1/3 of the entire loan spell... it's just not worth it. It's also been suggested they didn't know the full extent because they didn't do a full scan to find out about it... meh.

We'd have less defensive injuries and problems if Wenger learned how to protect players and actually chose to rotate players around busy periods of games. Walcott, just back from injury, played in a series of games very close together with no rest... it was asking for trouble and then he ends up injured for 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom