January Transfer Window 2017/18

Soldato
Balague claims the Dortmund man is wanted 'soon'.

The Spanish football expert wrote on Twitter: "Alexis Sanchez not fully agreed yet. United favourites and next 2-3 days key (nobody takes City out of equation yet). Meanwhile Arsenal want to close soon deal for Aubameyang, left out of squad today, for €60m (£53m)."

Aubameyang was dropped by Dortmund for their Bundesliga clash with Wolfsburg today.

Don
Not sure he said it was imminent...

Surely Auba would have his pick of clubs. Madrid are in dire need of a striker for eg although i guess his age might put them off.
We had Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and to a lesser extent City all looking at forwards in the summer yet nobody moved for him. You have to ask why. I don't know the answer btw but surely there's some sort of reason why nobody has moved for him yet.

Man of Honour
OP
He's an olympic sprinter who can play a bit of football, would be interesting to see him in the PL.

--

A Chilean journalist close to Sanchez, who has said over the past week he's close to joining City, is changing his tune now, this might actually happen...

Caporegime
I’ll be honest, I’m not that keen on Auba. A few yrs ago he was hot property and he was pretty much nailed on to go to Real.

But since then he hasn’t done all that well.

Like I said before, no matter who we get I can’t get excited due to Wenger. He will invariably ruin them and their confidence to nothing.

Soldato
There was some speculation I think either last summer or the summer before that his birth certificate wasn't completely genuine - maybe if he was at some minor club I would have thought this possible but surely BvB would have looked incredibly closely at all registration docs before signing the deal .

I wont believe anything about Sanchez until he is holding the shirt but still think at this point Utd is a better choice for him than anywhere else
1) Nearly everyone thinks its already City's title this season, even after today adding Sanchez to that team really doesn't add that much - so its really only from next season that Sanchez can be compared (unless he does go elsewhere and they win the title from City - however unlikely that is)
2) Its also debatable he will actually start anywhere as much as he would for Utd - even if that does **** Martial / Rashford / Lingard / Lukaku depending on the opposition
3)It sounds like Utd are wiling to pay far more in transfer and wages than anyone else

I don't know which is worse £200m for Neymar or £35m+ for a 29yo with under 4 months (effectively) left on his contract. Let alone the enormous agent + signing on fees.

Arsenal are competing for Europa next season at best the way things are going - they aren't a direct rival to Utd as much as they aren't for City

Soldato
I’ll be honest, I’m not that keen on Auba. A few yrs ago he was hot property and he was pretty much nailed on to go to Real.

But since then he hasn’t done all that well.

Like I said before, no matter who we get I can’t get excited due to Wenger. He will invariably ruin them and their confidence to nothing.

I agree, as for a striker I would rather we sign a decent defender and DM, plus obviously a winger, but then you have to think what quality of player wants to come to Arsenal with the state its in.

Man of Honour
OP
As Baz said though, why does nobody ever seem to be interested in him? It's not like Dortmund won't sell him.

Don
He's a brilliant striker and a huge upgrade on what they have.
He's excellent but it's not as straight forward as you put it. The most important player to how we play is Firmino - him the player and in the position he plays too. Is Auba a better striker than Firmino? Yes but the question is whether we're better off as a team if you had Auba as our centre forward and you either play Firmino else where or drop him? I'm not so sure. It would be great to have somebody like him as another option and with the amount of games and injuries/suspensions he'd play enough games but it's games like today, when everybody is fit, will he be happy on the bench?

Caporegime
He's an olympic sprinter who can play a bit of football, would be interesting to see him in the PL.

--

A Chilean journalist close to Sanchez, who has said over the past week he's close to joining City, is changing his tune now, this might actually happen...

Auba scores goals.hes proven this in the bundes and champions league. He's way fast and a great finisher. Not a blast it at the keeper player like lukaku

Caporegime
:confused:

39 in 49 games 2 seasons ago, 40 in 46 last season and 21 in 23 so far this season. Hasn't done all that well?
So big deal?? again why hasn’t any big team made a play for him??

And tbf the German league isn’t all that competitive when you have the likes of Bayern running away with the title every season.

Most important question is can Auba score on a wet windy cold night up in Stoke?? No one has answered that all important question:p

Anyhow on a serious note, I know he’s a good player but firstly I don’t see it happening and secondly the way Wenger ruins players is what dampens my spirit the most v

Soldato
teams have gone for him he loves Germany but he aint gonna get a move to Bayern so guess that's why he wants out

was meant ot be going china this window but deal is off now

Don
So big deal?? again why hasn’t any big team made a play for him??

I asked the question myself as to why nobody has taken him but your initial post made no sense. He's only started performing like an elite striker in the past 2 and half seasons, prior to that you could say he's not done all that well.

Don
It certainly appears more likely than not at this stage. City seemingly banked on Sanchez holding Arsenal to ransom or being willing to wait until the summer but it doesn't look like Sanchez is going to.

Back
Top Bottom