January Transfer Window

Soldato
I said ok.

Whats the matter?

Although reading into it nearly signed actually means "was never possible"

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah knew about this ages ago, Liverpool had been offered the player for similar money and everyone was a bit surprised about why he went for so much more. From what Phil Thompson once said he reckons they were quite close to sealing the deal as well. Supposedly all that money Man utd paid didn't go to Sporting and some agents took a rather large cut hence why those Irish Shareholders were asking for more information.

Well, i just think its strange that now he has developed into a half decent player he comes out with it.
Oh yes, we were this close to signing him.

Wasnt saying it when he was blasting sitters into row Z and falling over a lot was he?

Maybe you haven't been paying attention then? ;) I remember him talking about Ronaldo praising around 2-3 years ago and talking about how amazed he was about how quick his feet and good his control is. Possibly around the time we beat your lot in the FA cup final but I'm not sure.

Soldato
Yeah knew about this ages ago, Liverpool had been offered the player for similar money and everyone was a bit surprised about why he went for so much more. From what Phil Thompson once said he reckons they were quite close to sealing the deal as well. Supposedly all that money Man utd paid didn't go to Sporting and some agents took a rather large cut hence why those Irish Shareholders were asking for more information.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention then? ;) I remember him talking about Ronaldo praising around 2-3 years ago and talking about how amazed he was about how quick his feet and good his control is. Possibly around the time we beat your lot in the FA cup final but I'm not sure.

No its just funny that after 22 pages of googling the most recent dates I can find for these comments is Feb 1 2008.

It must just be the choice of words i'm searcing for:

Wenger in hamfisted mind games shocker.
;)

Soldato
No its just funny that after 22 pages of googling the most recent dates I can find for these comments is Feb 1 2008.

It must just be the choice of words i'm searcing for:

Wenger in hamfisted mind games shocker.
;)

Would you like a bet on whether I can find one? ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
JazzG
Resident Arse.

If you are not the one of RedCafe i apologise but im pretty damn sure you are ;)

Before I answer tell me if it is a good thing or bad? ;)

But seriously you must be mistaken my friend :) Would I lie to one of my Punjabi brothers like you? :D

Back
Top Bottom