January Transfer Window

Associate
That was a surprise seeing Defoe go, but sort of expected (if that makes sense). Teamtalk report that the fee was around £9m so that will cover the cost of Hutton arriving.

At least the manager has the right idea about strengthening the defence. Just hope Woodgate can stay fit, then we will have a very strong defence when Bale comes back: Bale, King, Woodgate and Gilberto at the back.

Very nice

A strong defence but these more chances of seen flying pigs then that defence playing on a regular basis ;)

Soldato
I didnt think he was coming to Spurs either, due to the second of the medicals and Hertha had said that the deal was off. Wake up this morning, get to work and look at the website to see Gilberto arrive and Defoe leave.

All fun and games at Spurs as always.

Soldato
That was a surprise seeing Defoe go, but sort of expected (if that makes sense). Teamtalk report that the fee was around £9m so that will cover the cost of Hutton arriving.

At least the manager has the right idea about strengthening the defence. Just hope Woodgate can stay fit, then we will have a very strong defence when Bale comes back: Bale, King, Woodgate and Gilberto at the back.

Very nice
Gilberto is more of a midfielder than a defender, he plays LM and also CM mainly. Also do you really think Spurs have just spent £9m on Hutton to leave him on the bench? :p ;)

Hutton - Woodgate - King - Bale

Very attack minded full-backs, plenty of height there, bags of pace, ability to see a pass, confident on the ball, experienced. One of the most promising back lines I've ever seen at WHL :)

Soldato
Aye should be a good game. Expecting us to nick it but I wouldn't be surprised if we only come away with a point. Hopefully Fergie won't do anything silly with team selection/formation (ie. West Ham/Bolton away).

Soldato
Gilberto is more of a midfielder than a defender, he plays LM and also CM mainly. Also do you really think Spurs have just spent £9m on Hutton to leave him on the bench? :p ;)

Hutton - Woodgate - King - Bale

Very attack minded full-backs, plenty of height there, bags of pace, ability to see a pass, confident on the ball, experienced. One of the most promising back lines I've ever seen at WHL :)

Haha, sorry, my bad about that. Spot the deliberate mistake :rolleyes: Should have included Hutton in there, as in the same lineup u have /\.

Hopefully the new blood to spurs can settle in quickly so we can get a few more clean sheets on the board.

Soldato
gibbo in the local paper saying we where after fred aswell but run out of time... that could have been something alreeeet :(

from the website of said paper :
“This is a massive signing for the club, it smashes our existing transfer record. It’s important that people recognise we didn’t just go for Alves, we also went for Fred and we would have brought him here too if we could have tied up a deal for him.

“If the right player comes along we will invest in the squad.

Soldato
Yes they're just going to make it up, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Well, i just think its strange that now he has developed into a half decent player he comes out with it.
Oh yes, we were this close to signing him.

Wasnt saying it when he was blasting sitters into row Z and falling over a lot was he?

Soldato
It's old news? Wenger said about this ages ago. To quote arseblogger:

I thought this was a story everyone knew but it seems not. The story, as I understand it, is that we had agreed a fee of around £4.5m with Sporting Lisbon and the transfer was going through only for United to gazump us to the tune of £12.5m. Rather a lot, you have to say (considering they were willing to accept so much less from us), and it was one of the transfers that caused the Coolmore boys (Magnier and McManus) to ask questions of the way the club was being run when they had a significant shareholding in United. Make of that what you will. All water under the bridge now though.

Back
Top Bottom