Poll: Japanese Grand Prix 2019, Suzuka - Race 17/21

Rate the 2019 Japanese Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Which incident? Theres the earliest one, where a small part flicked up and hit the nose winglet on the Mercedes, then bounced off the halo, and the latter one where a larger part hits the right side behind the cockpit and takes out the wing mirror.
Which incident are you talking about, because neither of those match with your description?

A small part!

Did you even look at the pictures I posted? You do know that the 2 parts coming at Hamilton's car was 2 different points on the track?

The first picture you can see a large part of a car coming towards Hamilton's visor.
Hamilton had to take avoiding action. The failow had nothing to do with it. Hamilton saw it at the last second and took action.
If Hamilton never saw it. He would have been dead as it was coming towars his visor.

The second one shows the next part coming off. Which hit Hamilton's car and and a bit of that hit the failow as it traveled up https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2...by_debris_from_Leclerc's_damaged_Ferrari.html

Associate
A 10 second penalty is not a punishment commensurate to the risk. The precedent is that it is a 10 second gamble which might save you a long pitstop at the wrong time. A gamble that does not correctly take into account there is a very real possibility it could result in an avoidable death or serious injury of another driver. It was a completely selfish act.
I totally agree with this point. I think there should've been a far greater penalty than what was given.

Even if the helmet and visor were designed to withstand a rifle round or a cannonball impact, there's absolutely no way they should risk letting a piece of car bodywork fly off like it did, if it's avoidable.

Transmission breaker
Don
A small part!

Did you even look at the pictures I posted? You do know that the 2 parts coming at Hamilton's car was 2 different points on the track?

The first picture you can see a large part of a car coming towards Hamilton's visor.
Hamilton had to take avoiding action. The failow had nothing to do with it. Hamilton saw it at the last second and took action.
If Hamilton never saw it. He would have been dead as it was coming towars his visor.

The second one shows the next part coming off. Which hit Hamilton's car and and a bit of that hit the failow as it traveled up https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2019/10/Japanese_GP__Hamilton_struck_by_debris_from_Leclerc's_damaged_Ferrari.html

Thats the larger part i spoke about! I think you may the one needing specsavers :D Yep A larger part hit the right side of the car, which likely would have been smacked by the Halo if it was aiming for the helmet. Can you point me to onboard footage?

Watch the Turn 1 incident, a small part hits the halo after wiping out the noselet!?!

Man of Honour
Thats the larger part i spoke about! I think you may the one needing specsavers :D Yep A larger part hit the right side of the car, which likely would have been smacked by the Halo if it was aiming for the helmet. Can you point me to onboard footage?

Watch the Turn 1 incident, a small part hits the halo after wiping out the noselet!?!

It’s is a long thin piece of debris that easily could have slipped under the halo. It was completely avoidable too.

Ferrari getting away with murder as always. Mercedes winning the championship with 5 races left, Hamilton with another championship all but sewn up. What a sorry state of a sport.

When Red Bull/Vettel were winning people were calling for blood, regulations constantly changed to try and reduce the gap etc. People even moaned when Vettel won the championship in the very last race.

Since Canada the stewards seem terrified of ferrari. I’d love to know why and what has been said behind the scenes.

It’ll only get worse - we’ve already seen ‘hard’ racing crossing over the line. Ultimately it probably works well for Hamilton - he keeps his head down and out the way. Leclerc has turned into a madman.

Soldato

Just look at the 4 pictures posted dude....Really...come on.
Again look at the first picture and you will see.

Soldato
It’s is a long thin piece of debris that easily could have slipped under the halo. It was completely avoidable too.

Since Canada the stewards seem terrified of ferrari. I’d love to know why and what has been said behind the scenes.

It’ll only get worse - we’ve already seen ‘hard’ racing crossing over the line. Ultimately it probably works well for Hamilton - he keeps his head down and out the way. Leclerc has turned into a madman.

I would to.

Team radio of the one part hitting Hamilton.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/10/14...-ferrari-told-leclerc-not-to-pit-damaged-car/

"FIA race director Michael Masi confirmed he was told Ferrari would pit Leclerc. When this didn’t happen, and personally ordered Ferrari to bring the damaged car in."

Something is going on.

Permabanned
Leclerc has turned into a real jerk. And a moany one at that.

I would vote with my two hands for Vettel to be expelled from the team.
There is certainly no reason why you should insult Charles when everyone sees that the one without brain is Sebastian. He proved it in Sochi where his stubbornness to push the car, finally destroyed it.

I don't know if the incident with Max was intentional, but I think Max has to return the victory in Austria to Charles...

Transmission breaker
Don
Just look at the 4 pictures posted dude....Really...come on.
Again look at the first picture and you will see.

Ahh, I think I figured out your confusion!!

Are you aware the 4 pictures show 2 different events are different parts of the track?

Pic 1 is of the post turn 1 incident with the smaller debris that hit the noselet then HALO
Pics 2/3/4 are of the later incident with the larger debris, where Hamilton actually drive towards the largest bit (likely just as a reaction to seeing bits flying at him.

is this clear, or are you thinking they are all from the same series of frames?

Man of Honour

Interesting to see the whole radio exchange. Leclerc acts selfishly throughout. It reminds me of the kind of attitude we saw from him in Monaco. At least he eventually received a punishment. He's actually worse than Max at the moment and that's saying something.

That said, the stewards are mostly at fault here. That Ferrari should have been flagged immediately. This hands off approach from the stewards will end in tears.

Caporegime
Ferrari getting away with murder as always. Mercedes winning the championship with 5 races left, Hamilton with another championship all but sewn up. What a sorry state of a sport.

When Red Bull/Vettel were winning people were calling for blood, regulations constantly changed to try and reduce the gap etc. People even moaned when Vettel won the championship in the very last race.
Some of Vettel's champion seasons were similar but some were also quite close. And the same complaints then as now too.

Soldato
Ahh, I think I figured out your confusion!!

Are you aware the 4 pictures show 2 different events are different parts of the track?

Pic 1 is of the post turn 1 incident with the smaller debris that hit the noselet then HALO
Pics 2/3/4 are of the later incident with the larger debris, where Hamilton actually drive towards the largest bit (likely just as a reaction to seeing bits flying at him.

is this clear, or are you thinking they are all from the same series of frames?

For the love that is holy. I've already posted that yesterday....:mad:
Please read the posts.
Your the kind of person that if I tell you a joke. You laugh 2 days later ;)

Soldato
Interesting to see the whole radio exchange. Leclerc acts selfishly throughout. It reminds me of the kind of attitude we saw from him in Monaco. At least he eventually received a punishment. He's actually worse than Max at the moment and that's saying something.

That said, the stewards are mostly at fault here. That Ferrari should have been flagged immediately. This hands off approach from the stewards will end in tears.

"“Some new evidence became available which they didn’t have available at the time and they chose to effectively reopen the investigation,” said Masi."

https://www.racefans.net/2019/10/14...rn-on-investigating-leclerc-verstappen-clash/

They must have dune there job and looked at the feed.
It's not video in the public domain as they would have had to show it or it would have been on you tube.

Soldato
I would to.

Team radio of the one part hitting Hamilton.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/10/14...-ferrari-told-leclerc-not-to-pit-damaged-car/

"FIA race director Michael Masi confirmed he was told Ferrari would pit Leclerc. When this didn’t happen, and personally ordered Ferrari to bring the damaged car in."

Something is going on.

The stewards should have flagged the car to come in as soon as it was damaged. When it didn't, they should have black-flagged it. Why aren't the stewards doing their job instead of having to hear from Ferrari what they are going to do, then having to give them orders when Ferrari don't do it?

Transmission breaker
Don
For the love that is holy. I've already posted that yesterday....:mad:
Please read the posts.
Your the kind of person that if I tell you a joke. You laugh 2 days later ;)

There were two incidents on the track with debris for Hamilton from Charles.

1 - Smaller debris hit the left noselet, and then the halo on the left side. (pic 1)
2 - Larger debris hit the right side/mirror after Hamilton jinked right towards the larger parts as they flew towards it from Charles.

I think perhaps you seem to be claiming that the reactions of Hamilton saved him from debris 1 (smaller part, post turn 1), which makes no sense whatsoever. The halo took the impact, as designed.

On the other point:
Best on-board of the start I can find...

I can see why he didn't get a penalty more clearly now. He got the car stopped again before the drop, and didn't actually leave the box!

Back
Top Bottom