Jeep SRT8 - Finally Got One Of My Fave Cars Ever -

Soldato
Good man - I am pleased you have achieved your dream.
I said to wife ages before you bought yours that if the lotto drops right I would get a Hennessey Jeep after watching youtube video of it thrashing a Porsche. :)

I had a mate in Texas and he had a 1996 Chevy pickup with 500k mile on it -I was sat in it at 300k- his had never missed a beat.
If the workshop manual said change all the bearing in the rear axel he did just that on the dot.
He died three yrs ago and somone had the buy of a lifetime with his old pickup.

Soldato
OP
So, went the dyno again... and here are the results. Now running; new Iridium Spark Plugs, breathing system cleaned with Catch Can and Oil filler breather, BWoody CAI, running Shell VPower and a custom tune by Yohan and Diablo.

1). Original factory Standard: 305.9bhp@wheels (estimated 420.7bhp) and 557Nm Torque (410lbs)
2). Post mods and Yohan tune: 328.4bhp@wheels (estimated 451.7bhp) and 583Nm Torque (430lbs)

That's a 31bhp and 26Nm/20lbs torque increase over my base figures! Power increases are not amazing, but around what I expected as this is just general maintenance and bolt-on.

The dyno calibration seems to show a really high 31.5% loss to the wheels when running AWD. That seems high BUT it is what it is. Plus it's the only 4WD dyno around here. So, based on the fact that most dyno's are not calibrated the same and I can only go off this 4WD to keep the figures constant.

Whether the figures are correct or not, this is the increase I'm showing, so that's as far as I can go this year. That's giving me a 12.99s 1/4 mile and a 4.52s 0-60mph using Draggy box. All better than the quoted figures so it's a result.

Think on a cold day and hitting it perfect from the lights, I think a 4.4s and a 12.8x will be as quick as this thing can go.

Super Charger next year
1f60e.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Love it. I always have a fondness for the big jeeps. I have owned the tame 4l 6 cylinder version and enjoyed it and would love the SRT....maybe one day,.

But currently looking at sportier cars with the SRT engine in....must be a midlife crisis coming on :D

Caporegime
I can just imagine some young 'yoof' in his Fiesta ST pulling up at the lights and thinking 'I'm gonna smoke this guy!' and then it being a ridiculously unfair 'race'.

Soldato
OP
Love it. I always have a fondness for the big jeeps. I have owned the tame 4l 6 cylinder version and enjoyed it and would love the SRT....maybe one day,.

But currently looking at sportier cars with the SRT engine in....must be a midlife crisis coming on :D
Hahaha, yeah, I'm kinda just wanting big power and big nicve and comfy but there's nothing better than like the other day, turning up at B&Q, loading the rear then flying off home... then running a 4.5s to 60 hahaha... jack of all trades... maybe a master of none... but what a jack of all trades lol

Love it buddy
Cheers Man
I can just imagine some young 'yoof' in his Fiesta ST pulling up at the lights and thinking 'I'm gonna smoke this guy!' and then it being a ridiculously unfair 'race'.
Yeah, think it does shock a few people from the lights, the way it gets the power down, and it's now running a 1/4 mile in 12.99s... be nice to get into the 12.8's but we shall see.

OcUK Staff
WOW, well, just washed the SRT8 and also after 600 miles thought I'd check the catch can and astounded just what crap we all pump back into our air intakes clogging crap up!!!

8Sk564q.jpg

I had two on the Mustang, the one on the intake catches the most, also running them will gain you a couple of horsepower typically as well, good for power and longevity.

Soldato
OP
I had two on the Mustang, the one on the intake catches the most, also running them will gain you a couple of horsepower typically as well, good for power and longevity.
Yeah, the air should be cleaner it's as simple as that isn't it mate. Still astounded it caught so much though, and I know we should all be saving the environment etc, however, the catchcan is envrionmentally friendly as long as we dont' dispose of the oil down a drain. I never ever thought it would be that much have to admit. Makes me feel good though knowing this isn't being pumped around the engine all the time.

@Gibbo How's it work on the Ferrari? Similar principal?

OcUK Staff
Yeah, the air should be cleaner it's as simple as that isn't it mate. Still astounded it caught so much though, and I know we should all be saving the environment etc, however, the catchcan is envrionmentally friendly as long as we dont' dispose of the oil down a drain. I never ever thought it would be that much have to admit. Makes me feel good though knowing this isn't being pumped around the engine all the time.

@Gibbo How's it work on the Ferrari? Similar principal?

Yep cleaner air, cleaner burn, more power, I gained nearly 100HP on the Mustang from bolt-ons, so over 100HP per litre which for an American V8 is superb, it would also rev quite happily to 8000rpm if you let it, but I never pushed it much over 7500.

The Ferrari I have no clue, I will admit to laziness with it and just letting Ferrari deal with it, but from looking I don't think it has a catch can, it did win engine of the year award for several years so maybe they have something cool going on and it never burns any oil. I tend to only work on the Vette and S2000 myself, though I've done a few jobs on M5 myself but when it really broke it was too cold and I was not in the mood for trying to fix it.

Back to catch cans, they are very good idea and I am surprised cars don't come fitted from factory with them but I guess that is because cars especially nowadays have longer service intervals and manufacturers don't want owners poking around under the hood, so expecting an owner to empty and check an oil catch can is too much effort. Most people struggle to check their oil levels, let alone emptying and checking a catch can. :D

Soldato
OP
So, having done the rear brakes the other week (new discs and pads), I decided to do the fronts today. WOW, couldn't believe the crap inside the calipers, just thick black slime and the crappy PAGIT pads literally fell apart in my hands so... all off, cleaned, calipers cleaned with brake cleaner and alloy cleaner... carefully cleaned the seals and the pistons etc, hub all derusted and protected while I was at it... all back with some nice drilled discs and yellowstuff pads. Made a massive difference and I'm running in... makes me realise that your pads can look like they're only 50% worn BUT mine were broken... god knows how...

BucH2jG.jpg

3iAJdn4.jpg

HI1mu0z.jpg

VOVDcZy.jpg

RkmMoHO.jpg

Soldato
So, having done the rear brakes the other week (new discs and pads), I decided to do the fronts today. WOW, couldn't believe the crap inside the calipers, just thick black slime and the crappy PAGIT pads literally fell apart in my hands so... all off, cleaned, calipers cleaned with brake cleaner and alloy cleaner... carefully cleaned the seals and the pistons etc, hub all derusted and protected while I was at it... all back with some nice drilled discs and yellowstuff pads. Made a massive difference and I'm running in... makes me realise that your pads can look like they're only 50% worn BUT mine were broken... god knows how...

BucH2jG.jpg

3iAJdn4.jpg

HI1mu0z.jpg

VOVDcZy.jpg

RkmMoHO.jpg
Must have taken you ages to drill them holes and buff it with wire wool:cry:. Not sure what would cause a pad to break, did you fit it or did a garage, I'm wondering if it was broken when it went it or if its twisted during fitment. I wonder if the sheer heat from slowing the car down could cracked a pad, it's not something I've heard of before?

Soldato
OP
Must have taken you ages to drill them holes and buff it with wire wool:cry:. Not sure what would cause a pad to break, did you fit it or did a garage, I'm wondering if it was broken when it went it or if its twisted during fitment. I wonder if the sheer heat from slowing the car down could cracked a pad, it's not something I've heard of before?
Only had the beast since February so, havent'a clue when they went on. Maybe age or something not sure, but glad I replaced them when I did as that could've been tasty slamming on and trying to haul 2.2 tons to a stop... however no harm done. Spoke to my mechnic and he's seeing more pads do it nowdays than he used to so possibly cheaper quality? Who knows, nice to know that I've now replaced every fluid bar the transmission and all major bits are now to my timelines and I know they're all quality.

Back
Top Bottom