Jeep SRT8 - Finally Got One Of My Fave Cars Ever -

Soldato
Well, yesterday I finally did it... got rid of my Saab 9-3 2.8ltr V6, I'm about to get rid of my RX8... and bought this badboy... a last of the line 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6.1ltr Hemi SRT8.... I'm sooooo happy, on 39k miles, it's absolutely A1 borderline factory condition!!!

Made up now, finally got something that's mentally quick BUT big and can carry the family and do dump runs as well, basically a great allround car.... and as I name all my cars, this one is "Big Ern". By all accounts they were tested and people were getting 0-60 in 4.7s... so, we shall see. Other specs are Brembo discs and calipers all around, 20" rims which can handle 315/30/20's on the rear and 275/40/20's on the front. The paint work is like new, how you see her here is how I picked her up I've done nothing as only picked up the 30th january... but today I removed the JEEP off the bonnet protector as it doesn't look nice and will debadge other than SRT8 badges over the coming days.

EDIT CAN YOU GUYS SEE PICTURES NOW?

ALSO BTW guys I know this type of thing isn't tyo everyones taste, it's a marmite car and I get that, however just sharing incase anyone else ever wanted one or a 4x4 etc and it's still going to be my pride and joy so... lets live and let live hey lol.

DVUbOnc
DVUbOnc.jpg

Di1MqKd.jpg

qBwFYAi.jpg

kyT1pAT.jpg

ZbZeGh6.jpg

Us5f2Ty.jpg

6gDvtlj.jpg

QGgK8xM.jpg

4AHSC9l.jpg

JybpJgr.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Can't see the pics for some reason, but this car is totally bonkers, enjoy :D

Images don't work :(

It's because they're 'not secure', so some browsers won't load them

Please reup to somewhere that is secure :(

Soz guys hope they work now? Didn't realise OCUK used a secure type thing, so put them onto Google? Not sure if that makes a difference? Refresh and try again, sorry.

That is awesome!
What kind of ball park are they price wise?

Anything upto £16k by down to £12k, but they're so rare as barely any came into the country, I believe when it was released about 50 came in so... me picking this one up, could be a keeper.

As for the ga and mpg, yep it'll be crap, we all now it will but hey, if I wanted mpg I'd have bought diesel. Problem is I've come from a Saab with 318bhp and 444lbs of torque... and I wanna be going in the right direction as I get older... so the RX8 has been for 8 years brill BUT, I just want something that does everything. I miss my old Jeep, that I got rid of two years ago (was only the 4.0ltr straight 6) and worst decision I've made and wanted a Jeep again but if I got one would hang around for the right one!!! This is in the right colour, right interior and spec.

BTW, as for those carpets, they're embroded covers they click out, they're simply in protect the original black carpet which looks like factory... I didn't put them in, everything you see there is how it come. Will be performing a few tweaks I think but for now, I just want to enjoy it and YES, it's FAST!!! VERY FAST!!! Faster than it should be for 2.2 tons... and with some remap action, it'll be 460bhp and 460lbs torque :)

By all accounts they were tested and people were getting 0-60 in 4.7s... so, we shall see. There is a tacho thing that comes in built that I can set so once I've got used to it, will find some quiet roads and see what I can get the 60 in... however, I did on the way home just floor it and it just didn't skid or anything probably because it's permie 4x4!

Let me know if you still can't see the pictures.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Looks lovely, how many gallons per mile? And I’m not sure ‘dog Willy red’ is a great interior carpet colour?!
hahaha, yeah it came with them but while weather is crap I'd prefer those getting dirty than the factory carpet lol. Not sure they reckon in the teens, all comes down to how I drive it I suppose, but lets all be honest, it ain't gonna be over 20mpg lol EVER

Soldato
OP
V8 badge will be off as will the JEEP badge (it's deffo not OEM, feels like an ebay jobbie) all I'll have on this over the next week is the SRT8 badges which are really nice. The one on the rear will stay and one will go in the lower grille on the front, that's it, no JEEP badges anywhere!

Soldato
OP
LOL @ dog willy red!

I like the car, i'm not sold on the wind things on the windows or the thing on the end of the bonnet/bumper. Not sure if these cars came with them or not tho.
Yeah I wasn't fussed on the chrome thing on the bonnet, no they never came with them, BUT as a bonus not a single stone chip on the bonnet so I can kind see where they were coming from. I'd have never put it on, and not sure it'l stay, will decide how I want this thing to look really... it's a little bling that front for me at the minute. That's all fluff though, it's the main car that's my priority. So, it's going up on some ramps today so I can check him over and make sure nothing at all. Always nice to have a good ole' prod and imspection.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I've never had a V8 and wanted one of these for years. Had three V6's, 2.0, 2.3 super charged and the saab was a 2.8 Turbo V6. Had rotary, had 4 cylinder on carbs/injection... but yeah never had a V8... and this is a mini dream for me. It might not be for some I get that it's an aquired taste but to have such comfortable massive safe car, that shifts.

Just had quote for a remap, think it's going to happen, this will take it to 460bhp/460lbs of torque... more = better right? lol

Soldato
OP
Christalmighty, just done two -60mph runs on a deserted road near my local dump... jesus... it has a 0-60 computer, 1/8th Mile and 1/4 Mile and G function... 60 came up in 4.8s!!!! it's an odd sensation to have something that big move that fast... and it just GRIPPED! very very odd lol

Soldato
OP
Cor blimey, that looks amazing.
Cheers man yeah you love it or hate it, I love it :)

I test drove one of these years and years ago and then some time later ended up with a regular 5.7 for a while. The SRT is considerably more ferocious than the lesser sibling from what I remember. The range and fuel consumption are an issue of course but you knew that before getting it. I hope it gives you many smiles and enjoyable miles.
yeah fuel economy ever came into it, I wanted a massive powerful V8 balls to ful economy lol.

I've only ever seen videos of these on YouTube and it always makes me laugh watching them take off so quickly, truly bonkers car, I love it :eek::D
Cheers man, appreciated, yeah same here, only ever seen one in real life on the road in black (which looked wrong weirdly) glad you like it...

Well, it's booked in for a remap lol, roll on 465bhp and 460lbs of torque lol... will get on rolling road in spring just to see what it does kick out lol

Soldato
OP
Have to admit, the looks of the newer ones other than the hellcat just don't do it for me, it's a little too generic for me... fast as hell and better spec than mine but no, plus so much electronics on the suspension etc, I'm a little more old school, damper/spring big engine. Yeah it won't be as quick around the bends but less to go wrong.

Soldato
OP
Haha, pre remap? That's an insane time for a V8 brick :D
Yeop, swear to god, only went down the dump with some stuff in the back that's been sat here boxes etc. Anyway, coming back, hit the lights. Sitting there with some Audi in the outside lane and thought wonder how this reacts in the wet so didn't feel like I actually floored it, because I'm not used to driving it, don't wanna do anything silly and it just hunkered down and boom, gone. Yep this is pre remap, which the remap is booked in for 18th February, can't wait lol.

Soldato
OP
Isn’t it naturally aspirated? What kind of gains would a remap provide?
By all accounts:

Jeep 2010 6.1 SRT-8 6063cc
Standard: 425 bhp, 420lb/ft
Tuning Stage: Stage 1: 465 bhp, 460 lb/ft

He'll be dynoed in a couple of months so we shall see if this turns out to be true or not! Plus will have a CAI on it as well, so we shall see.

Soldato
OP
So if you had to chose, this, or your pug?
ahhh man... that's something that's almost cruel :) I loved the Pug and the 205 for me is the greatest hot hatch ever... simple as that. Its tough. Times move on, and I think one of the reasons I wouldn't have a 205 now to use as a daily would be safety... I knew a guy who bought my old wheels and some body parts when we were into the 205 and whole max power scene. He had a head on with a 5 series beemer and the 205 was gone... and so was he... and as you get older, unfortunetly things like safety do play a part.

So, for sheer fun and if I was single etc... still possibly the 205 because of the sheer joy it gave me... now I'm older.... I'd have to side with the jeep as it does EVERYTHING... it's apples and pears though, out of all the cars I've owned... the 205, the RX8 and my old Jeep (straight 6, 4.0 which was slow but cool) got under my skin... none of the others did no matter how fast they were...

Think that's what it is isn't it. The 205 by todays standards is low power, mine was 196bhp.... and the RX8 by today's hot hatch standards isn't quick, but it's how they drive/drove. Just something about those two that put a massive smile on my face (I'm smiling as I'm typing this lol). Hopefully this Jeep will do the same thing! We shall see lol

I'm going to miss the RX8 when she goes soon, I've not even battered an eyelid to the Saab that went at the weekend. I thought I would but that proves my point really and that was a 318bhp/444lbs car!!!

Soldato
OP
Can’t believe you are getting rid of your RX8 after all the effort you put into it, especially for this yank lump :confused::D
Well everything comes to an end. I need something big, and I need to cut costs, I've had 4 cars, so the Saab is gone, the RX8 to follow, just the tax and insurance is too much nowadays... I pay £2k in road tax alone lol, things have to be cut back lol.

Soldato
OP
Ex 205 GTi owner here (1.6, 1.9 and 1.9 16v Mi16) not to mention 306 GTi-6.

All great cars in there day, but that’s the point. They had their times, now time to move on.
Good man, yeah mine was a 1.9, then it was an Mi16 on Twin Webber Carbs... lluurrrvvllyyyy :) Yeah bet a 306GTi6 would be worth a bit now I reckon they were rare at the time never mind now.

That's the thing, the goal posts been moved a lot now... great memories though :)

Back
Top Bottom