Jeep SRT8 - Finally Got One Of My Fave Cars Ever -

Soldato
OP
Yeah I've never had a V8 and wanted one of these for years. Had three V6's, 2.0, 2.3 super charged and the saab was a 2.8 Turbo V6. Had rotary, had 4 cylinder on carbs/injection... but yeah never had a V8... and this is a mini dream for me. It might not be for some I get that it's an aquired taste but to have such comfortable massive safe car, that shifts.

Just had quote for a remap, think it's going to happen, this will take it to 460bhp/460lbs of torque... more = better right? lol

Soldato
OP
Christalmighty, just done two -60mph runs on a deserted road near my local dump... jesus... it has a 0-60 computer, 1/8th Mile and 1/4 Mile and G function... 60 came up in 4.8s!!!! it's an odd sensation to have something that big move that fast... and it just GRIPPED! very very odd lol

Soldato
I test drove one of these years and years ago and then some time later ended up with a regular 5.7 for a while. The SRT is considerably more ferocious than the lesser sibling from what I remember. The range and fuel consumption are an issue of course but you knew that before getting it. I hope it gives you many smiles and enjoyable miles.

Associate
I've only ever seen videos of these on YouTube and it always makes me laugh watching them take off so quickly, truly bonkers car, I love it :eek::D

Soldato
OP
Cor blimey, that looks amazing.
Cheers man yeah you love it or hate it, I love it :)

I test drove one of these years and years ago and then some time later ended up with a regular 5.7 for a while. The SRT is considerably more ferocious than the lesser sibling from what I remember. The range and fuel consumption are an issue of course but you knew that before getting it. I hope it gives you many smiles and enjoyable miles.
yeah fuel economy ever came into it, I wanted a massive powerful V8 balls to ful economy lol.

I've only ever seen videos of these on YouTube and it always makes me laugh watching them take off so quickly, truly bonkers car, I love it :eek::D
Cheers man, appreciated, yeah same here, only ever seen one in real life on the road in black (which looked wrong weirdly) glad you like it...

Well, it's booked in for a remap lol, roll on 465bhp and 460lbs of torque lol... will get on rolling road in spring just to see what it does kick out lol

Soldato
It interesting - my car weighs about the same as this but they couldn’t be further apart.
This has a thunderous 6 litre V8 and my car has 2 whisper quiet electric motors.

Back
Top Bottom