Jeep SRT8 - Finally Got One Of My Fave Cars Ever -

Soldato
OP
Have to admit, the looks of the newer ones other than the hellcat just don't do it for me, it's a little too generic for me... fast as hell and better spec than mine but no, plus so much electronics on the suspension etc, I'm a little more old school, damper/spring big engine. Yeah it won't be as quick around the bends but less to go wrong.

Caporegime
Have to admit, the looks of the newer ones other than the hellcat just don't do it for me, it's a little too generic for me... fast as hell and better spec than mine but no, plus so much electronics on the suspension etc, I'm a little more old school, damper/spring big engine. Yeah it won't be as quick around the bends but less to go wrong.
Isn't a new one nearly a £100k car once it's been imported? Lost £60k four years if that's the case. Ouch.

Soldato
I know you've blanked out the plates but the registration number is visible on the keyfob if you're worried about that sort of thing.

Soldato
OP
Not bad in the pouring rain... incredible infact!

mnY08KvEm6jzKyEC-fH4x0BdPgcxzGURZCYjAVoJqXlPEBxRSUSVHRaY6VarNgmXOGbwTKZz-7MLvCuKYqFtRimm4EMj3daga_COG7IM8K5kcxZMDk4hKfKd2ETeL8aCKA2EsFYl8K7lglexQEiBhOiaw8hEZ9q57XFawqQZoLC1zY1_gIwQKJHWKR6B3iPcHnL9Q57QLbRdA89ANL64GusFUIHSewVsvAgQmSyn231DdZCGuCABPcG4ET5NGUX5AHFGcl3qbo8m8_SoGRhjIZWrU5xY3PHh4Vem8Oa89jzOVLCfYXV_Pa17nH43t61WrBq7en0PxCocvIGHLcmIhPh4jRiUrU5t33bRTXJDP6811MAAsfTkV4wDf0dX2FoGkNN2PuAtdZFM2iZ67NALbYvzolfT9N99AjsNwkHxRfMCJLvz9hRxamrbnQeAOkvOEvCBaMYnU41UhnrSkwB-k8tdLW5pFM7Zm1RWVJ80e4yx3Rapm1msD41lXDRqC3Ql_NJ3a3zx6kHn53_bcElhlYmU6L8iSaGCM8o90tdQFpOk0xpwbKXY4V17YV3qQ48b-rk9HcgDbmWPzfcPl1Umy2_JhOYMhPVNviQWvyd2b5G4FTprAMQTppyXX3Xw2ZuOcyof-eP2BI9qwWyzfYPsFFaAs3fgnIFpyrvNTJzbRXy30PlwsJQxf29hjykbuA=w757-h1600-no

Soldato
OP
Haha, pre remap? That's an insane time for a V8 brick :D
Yeop, swear to god, only went down the dump with some stuff in the back that's been sat here boxes etc. Anyway, coming back, hit the lights. Sitting there with some Audi in the outside lane and thought wonder how this reacts in the wet so didn't feel like I actually floored it, because I'm not used to driving it, don't wanna do anything silly and it just hunkered down and boom, gone. Yep this is pre remap, which the remap is booked in for 18th February, can't wait lol.

Soldato
OP
Isn’t it naturally aspirated? What kind of gains would a remap provide?
By all accounts:

Jeep 2010 6.1 SRT-8 6063cc
Standard: 425 bhp, 420lb/ft
Tuning Stage: Stage 1: 465 bhp, 460 lb/ft

He'll be dynoed in a couple of months so we shall see if this turns out to be true or not! Plus will have a CAI on it as well, so we shall see.

Soldato
OP
So if you had to chose, this, or your pug?
ahhh man... that's something that's almost cruel :) I loved the Pug and the 205 for me is the greatest hot hatch ever... simple as that. Its tough. Times move on, and I think one of the reasons I wouldn't have a 205 now to use as a daily would be safety... I knew a guy who bought my old wheels and some body parts when we were into the 205 and whole max power scene. He had a head on with a 5 series beemer and the 205 was gone... and so was he... and as you get older, unfortunetly things like safety do play a part.

So, for sheer fun and if I was single etc... still possibly the 205 because of the sheer joy it gave me... now I'm older.... I'd have to side with the jeep as it does EVERYTHING... it's apples and pears though, out of all the cars I've owned... the 205, the RX8 and my old Jeep (straight 6, 4.0 which was slow but cool) got under my skin... none of the others did no matter how fast they were...

Think that's what it is isn't it. The 205 by todays standards is low power, mine was 196bhp.... and the RX8 by today's hot hatch standards isn't quick, but it's how they drive/drove. Just something about those two that put a massive smile on my face (I'm smiling as I'm typing this lol). Hopefully this Jeep will do the same thing! We shall see lol

I'm going to miss the RX8 when she goes soon, I've not even battered an eyelid to the Saab that went at the weekend. I thought I would but that proves my point really and that was a 318bhp/444lbs car!!!

Soldato
OP
Can’t believe you are getting rid of your RX8 after all the effort you put into it, especially for this yank lump :confused::D
Well everything comes to an end. I need something big, and I need to cut costs, I've had 4 cars, so the Saab is gone, the RX8 to follow, just the tax and insurance is too much nowadays... I pay £2k in road tax alone lol, things have to be cut back lol.

Back
Top Bottom