Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I have been reading up on this, and I quite like Clarkson, and am not really bothered what other people have to say if they don't like him. Each to your own I guess. :)

There is a petition to try and get him reinstated on change.org if you guys who are interested don't know already.

It is located here: LINKY

Associate
It's been a long time coming really, if it wasn't this then it would have been something eventually with all the trouble that the show has been in in recent years. It's a real shame it's one of best (if not the best) shows on the BBC and has been for a long time imho. I am sick to the back teeth of period drama garbage and all the other junk on there... hell we can't even watch the F1 or the MotoGP any more for heavens sake!

*sigh* I hope he comes back but knowing the BBC atm I highly doubt he will :(

Stoner81.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a total tragedy if they ax him - LAST bastion of that part of theeeee..............native.........UK...... on TV, saying the stuff millions think, but are banned and frowned upon for saying.........of which they are ONLY jokes.

We do live in a double standards society sadly, some stuff is PC, some is not, and it rarely goes the way of folks like Clarkson.

Sad times.

Soldato
I like May and Hammond but they all have a chemistry without one of them (any of them) it would not be the same.

I like both of them as well and I agree - its the chemistry!

Depends on who the newbie is and if they refresh the format. The reason I don't watch is I think JC is a tit and Hammond is annoying and the format is stale. Bring in Chris Harris and him and Captain Slow could actually have a decent show that focuses on the actual technology and engineering. But then it would lose the meathead population that tune in to watch three morons slide about in fast cars.

They'd need to do something new with it if it is to carry on. It's got a bit stale lately so that's no necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe its because I hadn't watched it in quite a while until the latest series but I quite like it as it is. As I said, it was a good few series I didn't watch it until this one so maybe my view is clouded a bit

Soldato
People don't care about serious though, that's why Chris Harris' YouTube channel has about 160,000 subs and the mightycarmods lads, who mess about and rarely do serious, have over a million more than that.

Essentially, you want Top Gear to become a niche YouTube channel, obviously the BBC would rather have something that brings in ratings and sells worldwide for vast sums of money :p

To be fair that channel is only 3 months old. Motor Trend have almost 3m subs so nothing really makes sense on YT.

I know it has already been mentioned multiple times but Chris is not a fit for Clarkson's role at all, despite being a bad mofo. For sure he could do the occasional serious review, though, and I'm sure they'd love him.

Caporegime
The report on BBC News just now was very one-sided.

In what way?

I thought it was very non committal. Lots of phrases saying he was "alledged to have said" or "supposedly used a word".

They did confirm that at the moment the rest of the series has been cancelled.

Permabanned
Next series will be presented by Nick Grimshaw, Jamelia and Asim Qureshi.

Simon Cowell and two other former singers seeking to stay relevant. Reasonably priced cars will be brought out to the TG test track were we will learn the struggles and adversity they suffered as reasonably priced cars before they run their lap times. Many feels will be had, many tears will be shed as the little Honda hatch back from Swindon puts in a stellar performance and shows the doubters what for.

Soldato
and it is where he should say. He is possibly the worst excuse for a TV presenter ever.

In fact he is almost an enigma. A man with no wit, charisma, intelligence, or looks somehow managed to become a prime time TV "personality".

He probably had evidence of Jimmy Saviles activities and used it to get his break. It's the only way it could possibly have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom