Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Good for you. Nobody cares about your holier than thou attitude and pretentious pseudo psychology of what you think someones comments on the internet says about them. It would almost be as ridiculous as someone claiming that what people watch says about them.

I did not ask anyone to care. And it was you who labelled viewers. I called you out on it.

Man of Honour
Depends on who the newbie is and if they refresh the format. The reason I don't watch is I think JC is a tit and Hammond is annoying and the format is stale. Bring in Chris Harris and him and Captain Slow could actually have a decent show that focuses on the actual technology and engineering. But then it would lose the meathead population that tune in to watch three morons slide about in fast cars.

I think CH is awesome - a clear enthusiast, with great filming, driving on and off road, proper long term tests, good mix of factual and interesting facts. I'm subscribed to his YT channel.

However, he is not the right fit for TG. I don't want a factual show, I want entertainment. I have YT and Drivers Republic on YT (when it used to be regular) and so on for more "serious" car reviews.

If CH wanted his own show, that would be one thing, and I'd support that 100%. However to me you need the messing around and daftness - that's what TG is about.

Permabanned
I did not ask anyone to care. And it was you who labelled viewers. I called you out on it.

Called me out on what exactly? I didn't need called out on anything. I called Top Gear viewers meatheads. You on the other hand got ****y when meatheads were mentioned. You then gave the usual boring "what someone says on the internet says a lot about them as a person" retort which we know is ******** because if that was true and you spent any time in the motors section, you'd think all the posters there had autism, or if you spent any time in speakers corner all the posters in there think they're right about everything and are actually nothing more than dictionary and wikipedia regurgitating bots stuck in a loop. Which of course would be a ridiculous claim to make. Like I pointed out. It would be as ridiculous as claiming all people who watch Top Gear are meatheads.

Associate
Called me out on what exactly? I didn't need called out on anything. I called Top Gear viewers meatheads. You on the other hand got ****y when meatheads were mentioned. You then gave the usual boring "what someone says on the internet says a lot about them as a person" retort which we know is ******** because if that was true and you spent any time in the motors section, you'd think all the posters there had autism, or if you spent any time in speakers corner all the posters in there think they're right about everything and are actually nothing more than dictionary and wikipedia regurgitating bots stuck in a loop. Which of course would be a ridiculous claim to make. Like I pointed out. It would be as ridiculous as claiming all people who watch Top Gear are meatheads.

Never been in the either of them sections so I can't answer that.

No I got ****** as you called it when you stereotyped a group of viewers of a program you dislike. As for Wikipedia again I would not use that as a source of knowledge so I agree there.

I am not a big fan of labelling groups I label individuals and we crossed wires on a internet forum :D

But do you know what I am sure we will get over it... Hell we might agree on something tomorrow... Hell if I can agree with Sliver on something I know there might be hope in this world :)

Caporegime
I wonder what forced an otherwise non-violent old man to want to punch someone? I find this aspect more saddening than a mere "producer getting punched"..

Isn't it 'well known' that he's a pretty horrible, rude **** in real life?

He's obviously got some support. There is a petition on change.org to "bring back Clarkson" and unless it's fake it is gaining about 700 signatures a minute.

700 morons a minute. What a sad reflection of the viewers, that many people prepared to sign a petition without knowing the facts? Or as I said earlier are people prepared to forgive any sin as he fronts a popular show?

Christ on here people wished death on one 'celebrity' for calling a Indian poppadom, but Clarkson can say comments equally on the edge of racism and he's a anti PC hero. I'm sure if it turns out to be true that he assaulted someone then he will have more than his fair share of apologists. Yet this place wouldn't tolerate it from other people.

Permabanned
It's what makes him so popular. :D

He says things that people want to say but don't have a voice to do it. However, people take this show far too seriously in some circles, it is an entertainment show that is based around motor cars (and to a limited extent motoring in general) - it is 3 blokes looking to get laughs from doing 'motoring news with a twist'. I have to admit that I am entertained by it very much but I don't agree with some of the sketchy sketches they have done, I think it makes the U.K citizens look like we are ignorant and egotistical, considering that it is very popular all over the world I have to question the values that paople have and to top it of the U.S have their own version now - I never watched it but I can assume it's nothing like as controversial as the U.K original.
I guess that because Topgear did start out as a proper car review type program then over the years they have moved away from reality and into the realm of 'edgy comedy', so it follows that people still think its the program to watch for car information.... somehow. Clarkson has the peoples ear, he is popular and I have no doubt that top gear in general influence peoples choice, hammond keeps banging on about the new Fiesta ST - I have the old one and now I have to have he new one because hammond said so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom