Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Surely it all depends on the context. For all we, the public, know this 'producer' may have said or done something that warranted a slap. We don't know the details yet.

No matter what is said, no reasonable employer will condone you walloping someone, despite how much you want to.

I would know, I had to get clever to get my revenge on a manager once. ;)

Although he should be allowed one get-out-of-jail-free card for smacking Piers. :D

Soldato
Why do they need to cancel the next episodes?
The bits they film in the studio on the Wednesdays are only the star in a car, and links between segments. Everything else is pre-recorded from months ago.

They could either have Hammond/May in the studio without Clarkson, bring in another presenter, or just skip the studio bit and run only with the pre-recorded stuff.

Man of Honour
Why do they need to cancel the next episodes?
The bits they film in the studio on the Wednesdays are only the star in a car, and links between segments. Everything else is pre-recorded from months ago.

They could either have Hammond/May in the studio without Clarkson, bring in another presenter, or just skip the studio bit and run only with the pre-recorded stuff.

That was my point too. Seems a shame not to air it anyway.

Caporegime
Food on tv shoots is usually dire and left out all day more often than not it's not even fresh that day either and in that part of Newcastle there's about a million takeaways

Last edited:
Soldato
No matter what is said, no reasonable employer will condone you walloping someone, despite how much you want to.

Context is important, at this point we don't know whether Clarkson sucker punched him or maybe the producer took a swing and Clarkson punched him. Both would fit the scenario as we understand it but one should see Clarkson fired the other shouldn't.

Associate
I like top gear just because it's entertaining and a bit silly but it was only a matter of time before something caused him to leave/be suspended, I think they should just get someone else in but don't know who would be good.

Associate
Not surprised to be honest, after the last stint, I do like Clarkson but he can be a prat at times, but I like his out spoken manner, gutted about Top Gear though :(

Soldato
I quite like Top Gear but won't support a principle that just because I like a product, its staff can get away with workplace violence.

If any one of us threw a punch at a colleague at work we'd be out the door the same day. No suspensions or investigations, so why should Clarkson be allowed to commit common assault and just carry on as normal?
He threw a punch. We don't know if he landed it yet though do we. Hence why there might have been a delay in it being reported. If he landed it, then the police would probably have to get involved, no?

Soldato
He threw a punch. We don't know if he landed it yet though do we. Hence why there might have been a delay in it being reported. If he landed it, then the police would probably have to get involved, no?

Allegedly.

If he did and there is no extenuating circumstances then he should be sacked as no one should face that anywhere, let alone at work, boxers aside, but sensible people will wait till the facts are established before jumping to conclusions. Unfortunately in this day and age that's the only exercise a lot of people get, jumping to conclusions followed by some knee jerk reactions.

Associate

If it's anything like this drifting we can safely say he probably threw the punch, missed, and spun round in a 360.

Soldato
Not surprised to be honest, after the last stint, I do like Clarkson but he can be a prat at times, but I like his out spoken manner, gutted about Top Gear though :(

I enjoy Top Gear and like Clarkson but he's clearly going beyond acceptable behaviour when he's lashing out (allegedly) at people. We only have one side of the story though, personally I think the show is bigger then him these days but he's been the driving force behind it so it'd be a damn shame for him to go or the show to end.

Soldato
From the petition's founder:

“Top Gear is the BBC’s greatest export and Jeremy Clarkson is central to the show’s success. He’s a living legend and the overwhelming success of the petition shows how popular he is with the British people. A bunch of left-wing pinkos at the BBC have been out to get him for ages, we want to see him re-instated and the BBC’s bed wetters defeated.”​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom