Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Considering he could go and earn millions at ITV or Sky at the drop of a hat, I doubt if he gives a monkeys.

It was obvious they would try and get one of the few remaining right wingers in the end. If I was Andrew Neil I'd be looking over my shoulder.

Soldato
More hype for a failing so called "motoring" show

Failing?

"The programme is estimated to have around 350 million views per week in 170 different countries."

Calling Top Gear a motoring show is like watching WWF and claiming that to be a "sport".

It's entertainment, I don't get why people are obsessed in calling out TopGear to *not* being a motoring show.

Indeed. It does seem like a tiny few want a TV show that reviews family cars and caravans and breakdown services and extended warranties. Sounds utterly boring to me.

Anyway, doesn't matter where the presenters go, if they don't have the production team and the connections it wouldn't just be Top Gear by another name.

Associate
It doesn't have to be that "serious", being suspended he can't film the studio shots.

Also it would suck on another channel, BBC or the web is the only option. As every other channel has advertising and they would not be able to say what they do about cars.

Plus the budget would be smaller like 5th gear.

Personally I think money will talk and JC/TG will be back soon enough. The BBC earn sooo much money on international sales through this show.

The Dave channel must be sh@ting themselves right now.

Soldato
The only thing I pay my license for is Top Gear and Match of the Day (plus BBC News website but that's getting worse), if TG goes I'll just cancel my TV license since I don't even watch live TV anyway

Soldato
shame JC can be a bit of a behind sometimes and top gear is getting too scripted but its still fun to watch.

this will probably reflect worse on the PC, liberal, left wing nightmare that is the BBC than on JC in the end. plus with everyone hating the licence fee the BBC cant afford to get rid of a show like top gear.

Soldato
shame JC can be a bit of a behind sometimes and top gear is getting too scripted but its still fun to watch.

this will probably reflect worse on the PC, liberal, left wing nightmare that is the BBC than on JC in the end. plus with everyone hating the licence fee the BBC cant afford to get rid of a show like top gear.

What's wrong with being left wing and liberal ? You describe it as a nightmare when clearly being right wing is far, far worse. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom