Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
You know, the BBC turned a blind eye to all it's stars in the 60's,70's and 80's involved in abusing kids. It kind of puts Clarkson saying something that's not Politically Correct into perspective ....

Permabanned
If Top Gear goes off the air permanently, I don't think I will carry on with a TV License tbh.

The TV license goes towards more than just the TV bit. It's their online and radio stuff as well.

Top Gear is trash. But I'd still pay the TV license for their documentaries and radio programming. Although I resent part of my license fee pays for Radio 1 as the only tolerable shows on it are the drum and bass shows.

Man of Honour
Is his twitter account only showing 8 tweets for anyone else?
Not that I expect him to post anything about it, but thought I take a look and only showing 8 tweets.

Associate
You know, the BBC turned a blind eye to all it's stars in the 60's,70's and 80's involved in abusing kids. It kind of puts Clarkson saying something that's not Politically Correct into perspective ....

That is a fair point, I'd not thought of it like that

Soldato
Recently someone tied to the BBC was saying that the licence fee should still be payable when viewing online etc, saying something like the fee needs to adapt as technology advances. What he should have said was in this day and age there is no place for the licence fee and the BBC should have to compete like everyone else.

Soldato
Clarkson... sigh. He is a 54 year old man! He is intelligent enough to understand what he can and cannot do.

He's made a living by pushing boundaries. Why is that a bad thing ? All the best comedians push boundaries too. Again, why is this a bad thing ? I like Clarkson's edgy humour. But I'm not one of the hyper easily offended PC brigade, so maybe I don't understand. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom