Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
blue planet was the last good one i remember but that was 14 years ago now.

As I mentioned, their music ones are great. But then I'm really into my music so it's interesting to me. However I'm also really into cars and think Top Gear is trash and Clarkson is a tit. I much prefer getting my automotive fix from Youtube. Chris Harris, Drive, Smoking Tire, Leno, MCM, Petrolicious, RCR, Lockk9, 1320video et cetera.

Caporegime
His sense of humour. Seriously, can't you see ? His sense of humour is controversial and edgy, hence he is pushing boundaries. It's also why the professional offense takers cry fowl every time their delicate sensibilities are impinged upon.

technically his humor is what used to be common but is now considered taboo, hes not doing anything new he's just doing old stuff.

Caporegime
His sense of humour. Seriously, can't you see ? His sense of humour is controversial and edgy, hence he is pushing boundaries. It's also why the professional offense takers cry fowl every time their delicate sensibilities are impinged upon.

No...

Just no.

Clarkson does not 'push boundaries' nor does he do anything remotely original.

Caporegime
As I mentioned, their music ones are great. But then I'm really into my music so it's interesting to me. However I'm also really into cars and think Top Gear is trash and Clarkson is a tit. I much prefer getting my automotive fix from Youtube. Chris Harris, Drive, Smoking Tire, Leno, MCM, Petrolicious, RCR, Lockk9 et cetera.

most of them these days seem really shallow is all.

blue planet really stood out because it was new it was literally an exploration into the unknown.

the current crop just seem like the usual quick fix stuff that's on quest, im waiting for it to be rip offs of how its made/how do they do it tbh.

not that they're bad but they're very shallow

Caporegime
I think that is unfair on the BBC Tefal, (in my opinion) they have always produced some good quality shows (documentaries included) however it is often lost amongst a sea of mediocre 'by the numbers' television.

Soldato
Wonder when all the details will come out so we know what's actually happened.

On a separate note, one thing I don't understand with regards to various comments Clarkson has come out with on TopGear that he's been "warned" for, is how it's all pinned on him. If you're recording a TV program you have various takes and hundreds of hours of footage that is then edited into an hour long broadcast-able version. Surely its the job of the editors/producers/controllers to make sure nothing is broadcast that might kick up a fuss. It's ridiculous that they air the program, the media have a frenzy about something he's said, and the BBC end up saying "oh why did you say something like that, here's a written warning".

And the bit where he allegedly said the N-word (the same word that's in every piece of rap music) was never even broadcast. Yet somehow someone went looking through the un-broadcast tapes and found it...

Caporegime
Can't say I'm too bothered either way. I enjoy watching Clarkson but the guy is an absolute tool who has behaved very badly on multiple occasions so there's a decent chance he deserves to be kicked off the beeb.

It's not like he won't walk into a contract somewhere else anyway.

Caporegime
I think that is unfair on the BBC Tefal, (in my opinion) they have always produced some good quality shows (documentaries included) however it is often lost amongst a sea of mediocre 'by the numbers' television.

meh seems to be more "oooo look at the pretty pictures/lighting/fire" is all these days.

although actually i do remmebr a relatively good series on electricity and another on the beginnings of chemistry on the iplayer a few years back.

id forgot about them.

Soldato
Notice how things that the BBC disapproves of, like fracking or free schools, are almost always prefixed with "controversial" on BBC News?

Well on the 6PM news tonight "... presenter of the controversial program Top Gear".

Caporegime
Erm, usually it does. Good scientists know their topic so make good presenters if they have a good knack for presenting TV.

i know they're good presenters.

but it doesn't necessarily mean the documentary will actually be good in terms of helping you lean much about the subject.

as they often just chase ratings and the boring technical side doesn't do that so its more "look at this how cool is it1!!"

what are some good ones from the last year?

genuinely if they're good and ive missed them id be happy to watch them. so names people.

Caporegime
meh seems to be more "oooo look at the pretty pictures/lighting/fire" is all these days.

although actually i do remmebr a relatively good series on electricity and another on the beginnings of chemistry on the iplayer a few years back.

id forgot about them.

The production values on the BBC vary hugely, remember a lot of things are outsourced by the BBC (they have to do this to meet a %) so different production companies vary in quality, and are dependant on the people making the show.

Top Gear gets huge audiences, low production costs, and is profitable. The shows format is what works :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom