Jimmy Savile - Sexual Predator

anyone listening to janice street-porter on question time right now?

she's just said he blackmailed people that charities wouldn't get their donations if they blew the whistle on him.

she has no doubt the allegations are true.

Yeah, was just about to post about Janet Street Porter on Newsnight, she's obviously known about this for years and appears to have quite a dislike for Sir Jim. She's really opened that can of worms now!

No evidence? Has this become the joke of the day thread?

No, its just a lot of people have a deep hatred of women and will defend rapists and blame women for getting raped. Look at people who defended the 30 year old who ran off with a 15 year old. There are rape apologists in this thread with a lot of egg on their face

"omg how could anyone believe multiple raped women over a white man?!?!"

Well, well, well. I guess now the BBC have no choice but to release this information for damage control. I hope a few more skeletons come out of the closet and those who indirectly help his actions face justice.

A lot of heads will roll.

As much as it looks like all of these reports are so damning, I can't get my head around why not even one of so many women came forward with strong allegations whilst he was alive leading to a proper investigation.

Be interesting to see if the BBC release what bits and pieces they have of the program they canned.
From the C4 News interview it sounded like they had all the same sort of witness testimony that the ITV show broadcast. Not looking good for the BBC at all!

It will be interesting to see what famous names are going to be dragged through the mud over this.

it's the year 2012 for heaven's sake. why hasn't this been brought up when he was still alive?

As much as it looks like all of these reports are so damning, I can't get my head around why not even one of so many women came forward with strong allegations whilst he was alive leading to a proper investigation.

Yes, lets berate rape victims and tell them how they should behave and feel on top of everything else they have endured for not coming forward, that will make it easier for other rape victims to want to come forward and help prevent rapists getting away with it.

Bloody hell, this rape culture we live in... makes me feel ill.

No one wants to be the only 'crazy person' that isn't in awe of the majestic jimmy savile. They would've feared being hated, ridiculed and not believed.

edit: You can see some of the responses they feared earlier in the thread. There's posts calling them liars out to line their pockets etc.

Yes, lets berate rape victims and tell them how they should behave and feel on top of everything else they have endured for not coming forward, that will make it easier for other rape victims to want to come forward and help prevent rapists getting away with it.

You've taken what I said completely out of context. From the documentary and what I have read, I don't have much doubt as to him being a paedophile. I very much wish someone had come forward while he was alive leading to him being put away. It's me being annoyed and frustrated that nobody did come forward so he could get what he deserved for these sickening acts.

i understand that it was a different time but it wasn't that long ago. looking back at just how backwards this country was, merely a few of decades ago is really worrying.

Back
Top Bottom