Jimmy Savile - Sexual Predator

Associate
"Jim'll Fix It" was one of those Saturday evening staples that the whole family sat down to watch back in the day - I never did get round to writing in though!

Farewell to one of the last great British eccentrics - the world is a poorer place without the likes of Sir Jim :(

Soldato
I saw him at several London marathons being carried between cameras by his minders only to run past the camera before being picked up again. Slightly sad to see, but he ran more of those marathons as an elderly man than I could as a 30-something year old!

The loss of an English eccentric.

Man of Honour
Sadly, yes.

So the claim of 212 marathons is false :(
I suppose he did 'do' 212 marathons but didn't exactly complete them.

Takes me back to my 2nd marathon in 2000 when I pulled up for very bad blisters on my feet.
St John advised me to take the bus back to Trentham Gardens that would be picking up the injured but no need to worry because they drop us 200 yards from the finish line and we can run in and get our medal :eek:
A couple of weeks later a woman work colleague argued with me that her husband had finished the marathon and got his medal even though he got took back from the 11 mile point.
No amount of 'but he didn't do 26.2 miles' would get into her brain.

Soldato
There were various things that were only stories and not needed in an RIP thread. However it seemed universally accepted in the industry that he was an utter ****.

The Louis Theroux docu did paint him in an odd light but that was really the intention i suspect.

Fair play, he did a lot for charity so RIP, but based on anything that is discovered with even a basic google search i wont mourn his passing.

What are you suggesting?

I did a 'basic' google search & see rumours about a girl called Sarah Cornley, but everything leads back to the same, unsubstantiated source.

Obviously I don't know any details other than this 'transcript' of HIGNFY, but I wouldn't start making your mind up based on unproven interweb stories.

RIP

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely, since you can't libel the dead, if he was a dislikable character the stories/facts would already be surfacing?

Ah yes, but you're forgetting Jimmy Saville looked a bit 'strange'.

Internet detectives & the media will always go for that - just look at the Chris Jeffries (Jo Yeates landlord) debacle for that.

Again, RIP Jimmy.

Soldato
Obviously I don't know any details other than this 'transcript' of HIGNFY, but I wouldn't start making your mind up based on unproven interweb stories.
The transcript on the web is largely made up and exaggerated. However, in the Jimmy/Diane Abbot episode back in 1999, Hislop did challenge (and it was broadcast) Jimmy about a court settlement he made with a minor, and Jimmy confirmed it. However, the episode or clips of the episode are no where to be found.

Soldato
The transcript on the web is largely made up and exaggerated. However, in the Jimmy/Diane Abbot episode back in 1999, Hislop did challenge (and it was broadcast) Jimmy about a court settlement he made with a minor, and Jimmy confirmed it. However, the episode or clips of the episode are no where to be found.

Funny that, I myself don't remember anything about the confirmation, and yet again there is no evidence available. :eek::confused:

So let me get this right - there are allegations about a deceased celebrity that have no substantiated evidence/sources available at all, other than internet rumours. Go figure!

Let the man rest in peace ffs.

Caporegime
I did a 'basic' google search & see rumours about a girl called Sarah Cornley, but everything leads back to the same, unsubstantiated source.

That HIGNFY script was a hoax (if it wasn't already blatantly obvious) - there is no 'Sarah Cornley' either AFAIK...

Soldato
That HIGNFY script was a hoax (if it wasn't already blatantly obvious) - there is no 'Sarah Cornley' either AFAIK...

I agree - I wish people would stop posting opinions based on internet rumours.

Gets me down when someone has died & some people just want to **** all over their grave with worthless posts! :(

Back
Top Bottom