Jimmy Savile - Sexual Predator

Caporegime
The BBC News channel just displayed images of the three women who claimed that Jimmy Savile interfered with them sexually. They showed a current picture of each of the women and a picture taken of each of them from the 1970s.The caption read: Now, then. Now, then. Now, then.

lol :p

Don
FYI, it's not new. Ian Hislop brought it up on an old HIGNFY - the episode was never re-aired and no clips of it exist online. Ian called Jimmy out on paying off a girl.
I'm not sure if the exchange was actually broadcast originally - why no clips of it exist, I've a feeling it was edited out of the show, but people out of the audience were obviously talking about it and I think Ian mouthed off about it at the time for being edited out.

Edit: Seems like it was Paul Merton actually.

Edit: Actually seems to be a hoax, I seemed to remember it was when Jimmy was a host, but there's no record of him hosting one

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I'm not sure if the exchange was actually broadcast originally - why no clips of it exist, I've a feeling it was edited out of the show, but people out of the audience were obviously talking about it and I think Ian mouthed off about it at the time for being edited out.

I have read somewhere that this HIGNFY rumour is actually made up. I think it even gets the teams wrong.

Soldato
A quote from the article which the guy might want to retract now...

"I had a pretty girl present me the medal which was a nice bonus - just like Jim, I've got an eye for the ladies."
:confused: Why would he need to retract that? He said "ladies" not children!

Man of Honour

Edit: Actually seems to be a hoax, I seemed to remember it was when Jimmy was a host, but there's no record of him hosting one

It did happen and it got quite nasty.
I remember Merton looking as though he wanted to kill Saville who was the host.

Mrs Dimple said he was Mertons partner.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The BBC six o'clock news interviewed a rather fat lady who was supposed to be one of his victims in 1974. She said that she was too afraid to come forward when he was alive.

Quite useful really... An (well several now apparently) event that is basically a he said, she said, except he's dead and not able to defend himself...

Don
It did happen and it got quite nasty.
I remember Merton looking as though he wanted to kill Saville who was the host.
That's the thing, the hoax one has him as a contestant, but I distinctly remember him hosting a show and there was animosity over it and the story of bits being cut.

But according to wiki, Jimmy Saville never hosted HIGNFY and only appeared as a guest once.

Edit: He was on Hislop's team and Diane Abbott was on Merton's team

Soldato
That's the thing, the hoax one has him as a contestant, but I distinctly remember him hosting a show and there was animosity over it and the story of bits being cut.

But according to wiki, Jimmy Saville never hosted HIGNFY and only appeared as a guest once.
What I'd say is that perhaps the person who wrote that entry was a Jimmy Saville fan and omitted it?

Soldato

Edit: He was on Hislop's team and Diane Abbott was on Merton's team

I remember Saville being on and Merton was digging at him.

It wasn't nice.

Soldato
Which can be wrote by anybody.
I'm not sure now if he was a team member or host but the show was totally disrupted for 30 minutes by Merton & Hislop having digs (especially Merton).

Having just watched the HIGNFY episode in question, here are a few observations that will hopefully put the record straight:

1. Angus Deayton hosted [as he did every episode until his 'drugs romp' made his position untenable].

2. Jimmy Savile was on Ian's Team. Diane Abbott was on Paul's team.

3. Ian seemed completely at ease with having Savile next to him; there was no abruptness or body language to suggest that Hislop was unhappy to be sat beside him. In fact, he was laughing at Savile's jokes. He did, however, take umbrage at Savile lighting up a cigar and blowing smoke into his viciinity.

4. Paul, whilst not in top form, similarly did not seem to be in a spiky, intolerant mood - and long-time viewers of the programme will know, from the way he acted after the Deayton incident, that he's not afraid of showing his contempt for another panellist/host. Again, he was chuckling at some of Savile's jokes. In fact, the only time Merton got caustic was for a rant against News International and their massive tax evasion.

5. At no point was there a sense of unease or displeasure at Savile's presence from any other show members, although...

6. Savile, when asked if he was still a wrestler, did say "I'm feared in girl's schools throughout the country" [paraphrased]. Hislop seemed decidedly stony-faced at that. And in the only other link to the "transcript", when Savile is asked about his motor caravan and what he did in it, his reach-for-the-comedy reply is "anyone I could get my hands on". The audience laugh - not nervously or hesitantly - but then also react to Hislop, who has turned to the audience and raised his eyebrows knowingly.

7. Savile does not come across as creepy at all. Though he did show his sexist side when asked why he's never lived in a place with a stove - it's because he wants the gallivanting single life rather than be tied down. "Because stoves set off a woman's domestic instincts... so if they don't see a stove, they don't hang around" [paraphrased]. This is the only time where you get a feeling that he lost the panel/audience a little, with this mid-20th Century attitude.

8. The show ended with Hislop being adorned with a Jim'll Fix It badge by Savile. He looks genuinely very pleased by this. The JFI theme tune took the place of the usual HIGNFY theme over the closing credits.

I hope this helps clear a few things up.

Last edited:
I smell BS. So-called victims stepping forwards so that they (and the media) can line their pockets. Same happened with Michael Jackson. Sure, lock away the convicted molesters proven guilty and all that jazz, but otherwise, this generation is too obsessed with paedophiles imo.

Soldato
I smell BS. So-called victims stepping forwards so that they (and the media) can line their pockets.

Yes, I'm sure the people featured in the documentary are all millionaires now and are in reality just really good actors :rolleyes:

As for Jackson, I fully believe he was a 'paedo' but was protected because of his immense talent and was effectively American royalty. Too many people, including jurors, simply didn't want to believe the accusations regardless of whether they were true or not.

As Katt Williams once said about Jackson "Set up? Don't nobody say the same **** about you for 20 god damn years, what the **** are you talking about? If people keep saying you a crackhead for 20 years, then you are a crack head. Whitney smoked her damn knee caps off and we [black people] were still going like 'nah nah'"

Fully star out all swearing in future. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom