Jimmy Savile - Sexual Predator

Soldato
I know its not but it feels like things are just being made now to be honest. How is half of that stuff even possible to keep quiet?. There's talk of dead bodies now, the only thing left to add even more shock and horror to it would be if he had also bitten Giorgio Chiellini!

Caporegime
You do realise "witch hunt" is a modern expression for moral panic right?

Yup, in modern usage it conveys the idea of wanting to find someone guilty of a crime, to sate the angry mob's desire for "justice" - aka vengeance. The angry mob doesn't care if it's a scapegoat, so long as someone is being punished.

Much like finding a person guilty of witchcraft, to sate the angry mob's desire for blood, so their crops would grow.

These days the angry mob is created by the media, rather than the church.

Caporegime
It's very easy to accuse someone of something when they aren't around to defend themselves. I can't understand how if he was so prevalent that it didn't come out. Through shear probability from the number of victims he had it should have emerged. They can't all have been too afraid to speak up.

Soldato
It's very easy to accuse someone of something when they aren't around to defend themselves. I can't understand how if he was so prevalent that it didn't come out. Through shear probability from the number of victims he had it should have emerged. They can't all have been too afraid to speak up.

Why do you think he preyed on kids and the weak?

Have you ever been abused?

How do you know how that feels?

Do you think people in the 70's and 80's had the same social moral attitudes as today?

From my recollection, it was rather far more sexist and boorish, and some behaviors that were tolerated back then would be frankly repulsive by today's standards.

Last edited:
Soldato

Listen to this from a BBC interview with Johnny Rotten from 1978 which was never made public.

Saviles seediness was an open secret and has been for decades. I remember a friend telling me 8 years ago about a conversation he had with a journalist he met in the early 90s and the journalist told him that savile had a fetish for dead bodies.

Last edited:
Soldato
Listen to this from a BBC interview with Johnny Rotten from 1978 which was never made public.

Saviles seediness was an open secret and has been for decades. I remember a friend telling me 8 years ago about a conversation he had with a journalist he met in the early 90s and the journalist told him that savile had a fetish for dead bodies.

Wow @50s! Interesting!

Soldato
You don't get away with something like this for so long unless others helped facilitate it. Where are they in all this? Where are the arrests?

Seems like they are pinning all this on the dead guy and there are other scummers out there still alive and unpunished.

Soldato
You don't get away with something like this for so long unless others helped facilitate it. Where are they in all this? Where are the arrests?

You are 100% correct Hucksake. Pedophiles nearly always act alone, but there actions are known to other pedophiles and if they are in a position to help, they will cover it up. You only have to look at Catholic priests worldwide and in the Irish Republic in particular. The catholic church as an institution covered this up for most of the last century. Why did they do that ? Because the clergy that should have dealt with it were themselves Pedophiles.
Because Saville got away with it long past his death, we can all be 100% certain that he had been helped all his life and is still being helped now. The people that are still trying to keep information suppressed are, of course, suppressing it now to save there own skins.
I would not be surprised if hardly anyone ever gets charged and convicted. For no other reason than they now hold high office, either politically or within the "establishment". After all, these people are now in a position to call the shots.

Man of Honour
As I mentioned much earlier in this thread it was a very well known rumour at the time. My dad wouldn't let me apply to Jim'll Fix It back in the 70s because of it. I remember him telling me that it's known that he fiddles with kids. So I find it very distasteful that 'celebraties' working with him deny any knowledge of it.

Caporegime
As I mentioned much earlier in this thread it was a very well known rumour at the time. My dad wouldn't let me apply to Jim'll Fix It back in the 70s because of it. I remember him telling me that it's known that he fiddles with kids. So I find it very distasteful that 'celebraties' working with him deny any knowledge of it.

your dad told you about paedos back when you were still a child?
seems a bit odd most people just say don't take sweets from strangers they don't go into detail about why?

not trying to insinuate anything just saying

Man of Honour
your dad told you about paedos back when you were still a child?
seems a bit odd most people just say don't take sweets from strangers they don't go into detail about why?

not trying to insinuate anything just saying

I don't find it odd that my dad told me some guy is strange to kids. I doubt I knew what he meant by it at the time. I warn my kids that there are people who do bad things to kids. Its a parents job to protect them.

Anyway... He was in the police and said the rumours were common knowledge amongst the police and the TV community. So it's shameful for people close to him denying knowledge of the rumours now. Although I doubt there was proof at the time and I doubt the scope of it was so widely known. But rumours there were.

Soldato
I don't find it odd that my dad told me some guy is strange to kids. I doubt I knew what he meant by it at the time. I warn my kids that there are people who do bad things to kids. Its a parents job to protect them.

Anyway... He was in the police and said the rumours were common knowledge amongst the police and the TV community. So it's shameful for people close to him denying knowledge of the rumours now. Although I doubt there was proof at the time and I doubt the scope of it was so widely known. But rumours there were.

It's one thing to know rumours of it, entirely another actual knowledge. The first I heard of the rumours for example was this thread back in the day!

Permabanned
You only have to look at Catholic priests worldwide and in the Irish Republic in particular. The catholic church as an institution covered this up for most of the last century. Why did they do that ? Because the clergy that should have dealt with it were themselves Pedophiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases
"In A Perspective on Clergy Sexual Abuse by Thomas Plante, the Augustin Cardinal Bea, S.J. University Professor of Psychology on the faculty of the Jesuit Santa Clara University, who specializes in abuse counseling and considered an expert on clerical abuse, he states "approximately 4% of priests during the past half century (and mostly in the 1960s and 1970s) have had a sexual experience with a minor."According to Newsweek magazine, the figure is similar to that in the rest of the adult population"

I can't back this up without looking further, but your implication that priests are the only ones doing this appears wrong.

I'd suggest that the reasons for the cover up lie more with a desire to protect the institution of the church rather than it being a huge conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom