Jimmy Savile - Sexual Predator

Caporegime
Perhaps, but Cyril Smith was protected by the national secrets act by thatcher (though more people were involved than her, I’ll admit) I imagine not giving the knighthood ( thus having to justify it) would have meant imprisonment or being shot.

Mobster
Soldato
This thread has to be one of the worst aged threads in OCUK history. Absolutely sickening individual and the comments on page one just show how he got away with it. People knew what he was and turned a blind eye.

I've just watched the Netflix documentary and it is truly shocking he was never caught. He alluded to it publicly so, so many times. And why has King Charles and co never been held to account for at best helping him get away with it?

Last edited:
Associate
This thread has to be one of the worst aged threads in OCUK history. Absolutely sickening individual and the comments on page one just show how he got away with it. People knew what he was and turned a blind eye.

The posts on the first few pages are from before the public knew he was a wrongun.

The average person did not know he was a wrongun until the stories started coming out in the media.

Soldato
The posts on the first few pages are from before the public knew he was a wrongun.

The average person did not know he was a wrongun until the stories started coming out in the media.

This. If the public haven't been given any evidence then you would expect them to presume it isn't true. Once the evidence started coming out the tide quickly turned. Its not down to the public to hold such people to account, that is on the state and its agents.

Man of Honour

I've just watched the Netflix documentary and it is truly shocking he was never caught. He alluded to it publicly so, so many times. And why has King Charles and co never been held to account for at best helping him get away with it?

Unbelievable, I've just seen this thread and the very first thing I thought of was I wonder if @Wizzkidy will be asking for the evidence and @Dialup saying he shouldn't be named because of his friends & family :)
Here's the other thing, the nonce never went to court and found guilty.

Private Eye has called him a paedo for years. He never trieed to sue them though.

Louis Theroux questioned him on it also

Last edited:
Soldato
Very apt a necro'ed thread is about Savile.
it's salacious, poor taste that bbc/itv etc have to make these true-crime dramas (ratings?) never watch any of them
not really sure why actors participate - Spall in 6thcommandment thing, tenant nielsen, christopher jeffries(bristol guy), Does Coogan need the money.

Hearing about Gladstone descendants paying reparations today(but, how much really ?) did any of Savilles victims get help, or will bbc/itv contribute to charities.

Back
Top Bottom