JOKER 2: Folie à Deux

Don
Todd has come out and said it isn’t a musical, just that music is an essential part of the story telling.
I remain to be convinced- if we’re talking about something where music is used to enhance the film via the soundtrack, great. But if we’re talking about song performance within the film itself I’m a bit more hmmmmm.

Caporegime
I remain to be convinced- if we’re talking about something where music is used to enhance the film via the soundtrack, great. But if we’re talking about song performance within the film itself I’m a bit more hmmmmm.

I think it’s obvious from the trailer that there are song performances involved?

Soldato
Remember, A Star is Born was a "musical" but it was a fantastic drama with excellent acting all round. Just because it has Gaga in it and some music shouldn't be a reason to write it off.

I hope it's good, and will likely go to a cinema to see it as I like to support films that are aimed at a  more adult audience.

Suspended
Remember, A Star is Born was a "musical" but it was a fantastic drama with excellent acting all round. Just because it has Gaga in it and some music shouldn't be a reason to write it off.

I hope it's good, and will likely go to a cinema to see it as I like to support films that are aimed at a  more adult audience.
Not really a musical in the traditional sense, they don't break in to song at each other to articulate their emotions.

It's a song about musicians, who perform on stage and sing to audiences.

Back
Top Bottom