Joker (2019)

Soldato
It feels like a complete non-DC stand-alone film about a man's mental breakdown rather that a "Joker" DC film, which makes me much more hopeful as DC are just god-awful!

Permabanned
I’m buzzing for this. They have found imo, the best possible actor for the job. I’m feeling an Oscar nomination coming here.

I remember now i loved the trailer and song haha his Joker laugh made me think this should be a oscar winning film too. I mean you have a good highly experienced actor who seems to be into the role and DC IP. If you mess this up you need shot as this was like the second film in 2019 i thought was not looking like trash.

Soldato
As good as this looks and as excited as I am, still lingers with me it's from Todd Philips who is an average comedy movie director. (Starsky, Hangover, Due Date, War Dogs).

Soldato
What’s the point of this film? Why not salvage the existing DC universe rather than produce one off forgettable things like this. Is Batman going to be in this? Joker is pointless without Batman.

Soldato
It is a stand alone movie, looks pretty odd.

So "stand-alone" meaning no Batman, Gotham references etc or meaning it's in the DC universe of Batman etc but it's not part of a trilogy or has anything to do with the actual DCEU/Justice League etc? I ask as I meant "stand-alone" in my post to be "none DC" so no Batman, Gotham etc.

Soldato
So "stand-alone" meaning no Batman, Gotham references etc or meaning it's in the DC universe of Batman etc but it's not part of a trilogy or has anything to do with the actual DCEU/Justice League etc? I ask as I meant "stand-alone" in my post to be "none DC" so no Batman, Gotham etc.

Standalone in that it doesn't tie to DCEU, it will be set in Gotham but tbh no one knows right now if there will be Batman references. Thats the way I understand it at least from what i've read since it was announced.

Associate
From the trailer I'm totally unsure on this one . It just feels weird and odd to me. Will be going to watch it as I have always enjoyed the Joker in other films but secretly hoping it will be great.

Associate
From reading the plot and casting, being an origin story too i'm guessing there won't be any batman reference at all as it features Bruce wayne father and lot younger Bruce aswell.
It would make sense as i'm just guessing in the batman comics they never really showed origin story for the Joker and just had him featured as a villain already setup?

Who knows this Joker movie could tie in with the next upcoming Batman movie with robbert pattinson.

Soldato
The whole thing with Joker (I'm a comic nerd) is that there is no known "true" origin for him. Batman suspects things, Joker has "admitted" his origin in a variety of ways but nothing is really known. The guy is invisible, a blinking loon who just is and his relationship with Batman is just creepy.

I think a Joker film is a cool idea and based on early reviews I will certainly watch it but I think a better idea may have been something further down the line with him. I mean Death of the Family... Holy **** that is some dark stuff and would make unreal films saying that there's nothing to stop them moving things in that direction of this does well.

Back
Top Bottom