Joker (2019)

Soldato
Just came back from this and loved it. Really well done and Joaquin was amazing. Saying that, I hope they don’t make a sequel to be honest. It should stay as a standalone film.

Permabanned
So one cinema in UK had to cancel the screening of this movie over phoned in threats (WTF has the world came to, I bet its so called the peaceful left) and the FBI have warned about threats of shootings.

(I will not link to news as I know some get ratty here if certain sources so Google it and take your pick).

Permabanned
The reason given is the movie is violent so I assume some of the types of people today that "protest peacefully" are the ones doing so but who knows.

Also when I went to school even though I hated Geography, Cheshire was in the UK.

"Joker cinema screening stopped and police called after man makes threats

The real-life drama unfolded at Vue Cinema in Cheshire Oaks as dozens gathered to watch the dark and twisted film"

Caporegime
The reason given is the movie is violent so I assume some of the types of people today that "protest peacefully" are the ones doing so but who knows.

Also when I went to school even though I hated Geography, Cheshire was in the UK.

"Joker cinema screening stopped and police called after man makes threats

The real-life drama unfolded at Vue Cinema in Cheshire Oaks as dozens gathered to watch the dark and twisted film"

You said " a UK cinema had to cancel a screening over phoned in threats"

Then you post a story of a cinema that had to briefly stop the film to eject a loud-mouthed moron?

Caporegime
The fact is you posted BS, attempted to make it political for some reason and then got called out on it and found some minor incident that likely happens in cinemas all over the country, on a weekly basis.

Permabanned
You said " a UK cinema had to cancel a screening over phoned in threats"

Then you post a story of a cinema that had to briefly stop the film to eject a loud-mouthed moron?

I did get that part wrong and read it as he called in not the police were called but are you simply clutching at straws because you were also wrong by 3000 miles with the location?

You really do not have a clue, I only posted it as I read it today and its on topic of this movie not for any other reason so that is your very own delusional BS.

Associate
Not quite sure what all the hype was about.The movie was pretty average at best. If it wasn't for Joaquin Phoenix's performance this film would be dog. I though the way he in which he laughted, uncontrollable just cringe and annoying. Its a freakish laugh but after awhile it got boring.

Would I want to see it again?
Most probably not.

Dark, depressing, boring and grim.

5/10.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not quite sure what all the hype was about.The movie was pretty average at best. If it wasn't for Joaquin Phoenix's performance this film would be dog. I though the way he in which he laughted, uncontrollable just cringe and annoying. Its a freakish laugh but after awhile it got boring.

Would I want to see it again?
Most probably not.

Dark, depressing, boring and grim.

5/10.
Glad someone else agrees.

Soldato
Saw it yesterday, brilliant. As everyone has said JP's performance was fantastic. The main impact for me was when

After he killed his mum and went into the neighbours house, when she saw him and was startled you realised all the sequences she had been in was a delusion!

I really don't know what all the fuss about the violence was though, complete hype BS for attention I guess, have people not seen John Wick 3? :p (Or a million other films that are more violent than this)

Soldato
I really don't know what all the fuss about the violence was though, complete hype BS for attention I guess, have people not seen John Wick 3? :p (Or a million other films that are more violent than this)

Perhaps it was the overall vibe of the movie but to me this film was far grittier and more disturbing psychologically. I can see why people are concerned about it triggering people as it's incredibly believable in the way it's portrayed. There's actually very little violence in the movie but at the same time I'm surprised it was given a 15 rating due to the overall tone of the movie.

John Wick, as fanatically well done as it is, is effectively comic book violence.

Back
Top Bottom