Joker (2019)

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Just saw this, and it was utterly brilliant. I normally prefer watching films at home, but I’m glad I saw this at the cinema, there’s so many little things that knitted the story and explained the character. At home I’d normally have more distractions like the phone etc.

brilliant ,dark,mesmerising.

Man of Honour
It's ok, nothing special. Dark Knight was way better.

Not enough action, storyline too simple.
Ooo now that’s an interesting comment and food for thought.

Was Joker better than the Dark Knight. Hmm.

Joker is certainly the most impressionable ‘superhero’ film I’ve seen since Dark Knight and both had me really curious throughout. TDK did have that triumphant ‘oooo’ ending which made for very satisfactory viewing...

Thinking about it more, I would say that TDK is a better superhero film... but otherwise TDK and Joker are equally good films.

Really enjoyed Joker.

Soldato
Me and the wife went to see this yesterday (wasn't the bet film for someone to see who does not like / fears clowns).

I thought it was a tremendous film, absolutely harrowing from start to finish and really sheds a mainstream spotlight on mental health issues and the perceived lack of support. The performance from JP was nothing short of perfect. He will win lots of awards and deserves them all.

9.9/10 (No film is perfect)

Associate
Me and the wife went to see this yesterday (wasn't the bet film for someone to see who does not like / fears clowns).

I thought it was a tremendous film, absolutely harrowing from start to finish and really sheds a mainstream spotlight on mental health issues and the perceived lack of support. The performance from JP was nothing short of perfect. He will win lots of awards and deserves them all.

9.9/10 (No film is perfect)

9. 9 really?
some people over hype this film way to much

Soldato
Joker isn't even a Superhero film to be honest and comparing Heath's Joker to Phoenix's Joker is like comparing Young Bruce Wayne to Batman Bruce Wayne. Comparing it to the Dark Knight is a terrible comparison.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
A change from murdering people for feuds to organised crime (mad joker style of course).

This would expand the storyline dramatically and his character would have more depth and power.

Soldato
A change from murdering people for feuds to organised crime (mad joker style of course).

This would expand the storyline dramatically and his character would have more depth and power.

Imo I found most of the previous jokers pretty shallow in comparison to Joaquin Phoenix’s version

If they made the story about organised crime it would be the same joker as seen in batman movies but rehashed a little, this was a very different take which is refreshing

Soldato
Was anyone else swamped with mental health adverts prior to the showing, we counted 4 yesterday beforehand out of 9 total adverts. Does make sense considering the subject matter though.

I didn't comment yesterday as wasn't sure if my love for the film was going to be fleeting after I'd slept on it. However its pretty close to perfect, I was shocked when it ended as it didn't feel even close to 2 hours. I think I was so drawn into the film it flew by.

I keep trying to think of a negative today and I struggle to, pacing, story, acting..all spot on. Soundtrack was excellent too.

I look forward to watching again on home release however I may go again later this week and watch again, something I rarely do when movies are still at the cinema.

Man of Honour
Was anyone else swamped with mental health adverts prior to the showing, we counted 4 yesterday beforehand out of 9 total adverts. Does make sense considering the subject matter though.

I didn't comment yesterday as wasn't sure if my love for the film was going to be fleeting after I'd slept on it. However its pretty close to perfect, I was shocked when it ended as it didn't feel even close to 2 hours. I think I was so drawn into the film it flew by.

I keep trying to think of a negative today and I struggle to, pacing, story, acting..all spot on. Soundtrack was excellent too.

I look forward to watching again on home release however I may go again later this week and watch again, something I rarely do when movies are still at the cinema.

My one gripe was...

... we really didn't need the shots expressly showing that he had imagined his 'girlfriend' with him. I thought it would be far more effective without those 3/4 fleeting shots. Felt like it was treating the audience like idiots a touch. But that is pretty much my only gripe.

Oh ok if I'm ultra nitpicking he got into the theatre a bit too easy :p

Back
Top Bottom