Jurassic World 2

Associate
It seems to me that people upset about the allegations of plot-holes are essentiallly saying "it's got dinosaurs in it so go in with low expectations and you won't be disappointed" in response.

Well, yes, there's truth to that. I expected nothing much and it did not disappoint.

However, if a fan of the franchise, wouldn't you hope for better?

The same "it's made-up so it's allowed to be nonsensical" argument could be applied across the majority of literature and cinematography. I'm not sure that it should though.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Plot holes can ruin any movie, it doesn't matter if it's a biography or a sci-fiction blockbuster.

Example from this film...
the little girl gets in an elevator to go to level -3. The elevator buttons are shown front-and centre and it's clear that -3 is the bottom floor of travel, yet she gets out on -3 and there's clearly another level below. Yes, it's possible that the elevator simply doesn't go to -4, but I don't believe that would be the scenario in a house with a secret dinosaur holding area / lab.

Soldato
I could go one further with plot holes..

Bryce Howard's character. I counted twice were she walked into a place with a coat on and the camera left and came back onto her in seconds, only see she had taken the coat off, never to be seen :)

Soldato

Bryce Howard's character. I counted twice were she walked into a place with a coat on and the camera left and came back onto her in seconds, only see she had taken the coat off, never to be seen :)

To be fair, go watch the original Jurassic Park when Alan Grant opens the door to the trailer when he first meets Hammond. Door opens on one set of hinges, then flicks to the other for the inside shot

Caporegime

That's more continuity than anything.

Associate
4/10 for me, I was bored rigid and looking around the theatre lots of people pulling there phones out for something interesting to do :/. I enjoyed the last one and a huge fan of the original but this was just horrific imo.

Soldato
I normally dont commentate in these movie threads but felt the need to seek this one out; avoid people, worst film I’ve ever paid to see. Hated it and I’m a big fan of the franchise.

Jeez who'd have thought a work of fiction that has dinosaurs running about (clue here dinosaurs like that died out millions of years ago) so to pick a story apart because of other "plot holes" seems a tad unnecessary, as I said enjoy it for a far-fetched dino story and you'll be fine.

You don’t know what a plot hole is despite having it explained to you.

Soldato
Ah fair enough. Yeah it's not exactly news that stuff gets cut from movies as they're finished. I guess just because, ya know, LGBT etc... :confused:

Caporegime
I thought it was ok.

However, the shot with the lone brachiosaurus left on the pier was one of the more emotional in the series though...I know it's cheap but it worked on me

Chris Pratt being an action hero and taking out 4 mercenaries was less good. Not sure Jurassic park movies need fist fights.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Regarding plot holes

How on earth has the mosasaurus managed to stay alive for 3 years in sealed tank without being fed?

Blue has amazing sense of smell and people can't get near her because of this, the Indoraptor is a hybrid based on the Indominus Rex and a Raptor, but the prototype can't sniff out 3 sweaty humans who are 5 metres away!?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom