Jurassic World 2

Caporegime
Seen it tonight..

Kinda meh, it felt very rushed, they're on the island and off again with a totally conscious t-rex strapped to a chinook somehow (plus other large animals also conscious but somehow captured???) in what seemed like a few minutes. Just felt lazy with the capturing all done offscreen and seemingly in record time. :confused:

I seen the twist with the kid being a science experiment coming a mile off, soon as the grandfather wouldn't let her see the pic and called her a mirror image it seemed a bit of a dead giveaway. =/

A big nod to the original Jurassic park, the kitchen scene where the raptor runs into a metal reflection of the girl inside a cabinet with a stuck door, same thing was done in this with the kid and the dumb waiter. :)

Jeff Goldblum was in this for what, 2 or 3 minutes and only had a few lines? Seemed like an utterly pointless role. :mad:

Baby raptors! :D:D

Brontosaurus being left on the dock :(:(

Friar Tuck dishing out headbutts :D:D

Indo raptor, meh

Good to see the large aqua dino survived and is feeding on surfers :D

Kind of an odd ending with the Dino's being set loose and seemingly having to live side by side with the rest of the world, next movie should be interesting to say the least.

On a side note, has James Cromwell EVER looked young? Seems he's being playing old guys for 30 plus years now. :confused::confused:

Associate
Saw this on Friday, was alright at best. 5.5/10 maybe. Only bit that had any emotional impact was when they were leaving the docks looking back at the island, you'll know what I mean if you've seen it :(

What was the point of the 'bad guy' telling them about the kid being a clone at that point? Was like "you don't even know what she is!" Their reply should have been "and...what has that got to do with anything happening right now?" (their lives being in immediate threat).
Is Chris Pratt's character supposed to have some military background or something? He was carving through those (presumably) trained solder/merc guys like Segal.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Saw this on Friday, was alright at best. 5.5/10 maybe. Only bit that had any emotional impact was when they were leaving the docks looking back at the island, you'll know what I mean if you've seen it :(

Is Chris Pratt's character supposed to have some military background or something? He was carving through those (presumably) trained solder/merc guys like Segal.

Yes, it was briefly mentioned in the first film I think, but his char is ex-military (Navy?)

Soldato
Watched it yesterday and it was fine, how anyone can moan about plot holes when there's dinosaurs running around is beyond me, take it for what it is and just enjoy it 7/10.

Not sure how the mosasaurus survived the years being in the tank without anyone feeding it lol

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Saw it today, decent enough action flick... some set pieces droned on but a solid 6.5/10 for me.

Tip: there's a post credit scene. Don't bother staying for it :o

Soldato
Watched it yesterday and it was fine, how anyone can moan about plot holes when there's dinosaurs running around is beyond me, take it for what it is and just enjoy it 7/10.

Not sure how the mosasaurus survived the years being in the tank without anyone feeding it lol

What's so hard to understand? That's two now.

"In fiction, a plot hole, plothole or plot error is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot. Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline."

Having dinosaurs in a film doesn't mean plot holes don't exist! Jeez.

Soldato
illogical or impossible events

Having dinosaurs in a film doesn't mean plot holes don't exist! Jeez.

Jeez who'd have thought a work of fiction that has dinosaurs running about (clue here dinosaurs like that died out millions of years ago) so to pick a story apart because of other "plot holes" seems a tad unnecessary, as I said enjoy it for a far-fetched dino story and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom