Just Arrived! VSonic VSD3S

i8v7PvTh.jpg.png
just arrived 1 week from ordering which is impressive for free delivery

Sound pretty good for my needs i'll spend a bit more time with them before giving a real opinion as i'm not really a fan of iems.

Sound pretty good for my needs i'll spend a bit more time with them before giving a real opinion as i'm not really a fan of iems.

Those look like the foam tips (excellent seal, but I personally never liked their sound), best advice I can give is to play around with the different tips and different insertion depths and see what you like most - insertion depth and seal can have huge impacts on the sound so definitely worth experimenting with.

Those are the detchable-cable first gen VSD3S, by the way, like mine - be careful with the 3.5mm jack connection (common failure point on these, and of course with the cable connections to the housing too (the biggest issue with the VSD3S).

Gutted, nozzle just snapped off on my VSD3. Sent lendmeurears a message, hopefully still within warranty.

Whut? The nozzle itself sheared off?

Have you got any pics? I'm struggling to picture where you mean as I very much doubt what I class as the nozzle could ever shear off (without it being snapped off under heavy load as its integral to the rest of the IEM housing) so evidently we're on different pages here! :p

Those look like the foam tips (excellent seal, but I personally never liked their sound), best advice I can give is to play around with the different tips and different insertion depths and see what you like most - insertion depth and seal can have huge impacts on the sound so definitely worth experimenting with.

Those are the detchable-cable first gen VSD3S, by the way, like mine - be careful with the 3.5mm jack connection (common failure point on these, and of course with the cable connections to the housing too (the biggest issue with the VSD3S).

Whut? The nozzle itself sheared off?

yeah tried a couple of sets the double plugs seem to be the nicest sound but aren't very comfysuppose i'll just have to leave them in and hope i get used to it if i can

Last edited:

Is the thin small metal 'ring' still in place above the filter?

yeah tried a couple of sets the double plugs seem to be the nicest sound but aren't very comfy, suppose i'll just have to leave them in and hope i get used to it if i can

Same issue for me, never liked the feel of them. The inner most one always seems to irritate my ear canal. Double plugs should have the same sound as a single flange with a similar diameter, just less isolation - if that helps.

If you wear them over-ear, which is what they are designed for, then absolutely. Mind have stayed in mountain biking, running, lifting, everything.

Running them over-ear takes barely anymore time than a normal cable-dowb headphone, by the way.

Without a doubt a great pair of iems for $50-60 i don't think you'd have any problem keeping them in tbh not noticed any issues. Do need to buy a real case for them though.

I haven't had that usual desire to pull them out and give my ears a break after 30 mins which is what i usually find with cheaper IEM's Can't talk much about the sound but they are to my liking bass is there but not overpowering they are a bit sibilant at the top end but aslong as you have a nice seal and it's not on too loud i don't think it's a problem.

Apparently the newer version will improve on this so i would recommend you get them if you are interested.

As for LMUE as a company so far so good delivery was super fast marked as gift to avoid import issues (would be annoying to give the royal mail £11 handling fee for a product that only cost £26)

Got new vs3ds. Picked standard delivery and still arrived in 3 days. Replacing my shure e2c which cable has worn out. Sound has a lot more bass in it and whole sound profile leads on the bass side missing some details. Decided to go for these to save some cash but will look to upgrade soon.

Hi guys, would these be suitable for the gym? Anyone tried the new vs the old? Any issues with microphonics?

I have some Shure 315s but rather not get them all sweaty (also their cables arent exactly that abusable) and when I did a search on here I saw this lengthy thread so thought it might save me time looking at alternatives.

Bit worried not going to a UK retailer though...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
I'd go for the Mee Audio M6 pro @ £39 from the rain forest

They are water resistant, have removable cables and you can replace any part for half price at any time in the future - seems perfect for more strenuous use to me.

Ah ok I noticed the VS3DS being recommended in multiple gym earphone threads on here so thought theyd do. TBH Im just after something that is cheap so no hassle in replacing and is suitable for the kind of music you play while in the gym (Spotify workout playlists for me :p)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Honestly, used mine in and out of the gym for running, lifting, mtbing for almost two years now, zero issues. If you want a bit more security and are super paranoid then the M6 Pro is a great choice but will not have as good sound performance (by some margin).

Regarding ordering from non-UK retailers, no-one in this thread so far has had an issue and I've never had anything but prompt and polite customer service.

Back
Top Bottom