Just Arrived! VSonic VSD3S

Soldato
Researching some IEM's to replace my soundmagic E10. I have pretty gunky ears (eurgh!) and although i clean them regularly my iem tend to gunk up in the mesh protection inside the sound channel. Ideally i would love a pair of IEM that have the ability to remove this mesh piece for easy cleaning. Does any one have a suggestion for this?

Ideally warm sounding, removable mesh insert and sub £50.

Soldato
OP
Get your ears syringed and clean your headphones frequently :p I cant think of anything with a removable mesh insert for £50. Rock Jaw Alfa Genus has replaceable filters and so replaces the tip, but thats not really for cleaning purposes - its for changing the sound.

Soldato
Since getting into IEMs I attack my ears with cotton buds daily - frowned upon by the medical profession but as long as you don't go nuts it does the job and I have zero problems with ear wax.

Soldato
I'm a bit dubious about squirting warm liquid into my ears as I do have a problem of getting water trapped in there just from showering, probably something to do with the shape of my inner ear. I find that ear buds are fine, as long as I don't push them in too deep and if it pokes out of my other ear I know I've gone too far. :D

C64

C64

Soldato
The right tips and getting a seal is the most important thing.
My sennheiser ie6 sound mediocre until you put comply foam tips on them

Soldato
I've been doing a lot of virtual reality recently and these VSonics plugged into my phone really shine. Watched a virtual reality 360 movie called 'Sonar' for the Oculus Gear VR. Very dramatic music and at a loud volume is mind blowing. it's like being at the cinema, soundwise as well as visually.

Associate
Lately I have lost my vsd3s for 3 days and I was forced to use skull candy and I just say "really?! how could I listen to them" If you were to ask me roughly 2 years ago I would say skull candy are very good earphones now I would say it's a trash. Luckily I found them.

Also if I were to buy good earphones that would be significant upgrade from vsd3s? I dont have budget in mind but just curious how much would I need to spend for next significant upgrade?

Soldato
OP
~£80-100 would get you the VSonic's GR07 which is a more capable headphone. I wouldn't say its significantly more so, however. Same with the Fidue A73. So you might be looking at Fidue A83 or Senn IE80 kind of money (~£180-200) to see something truly 'significant'. Something in the middle would be the DUNU DN-1000s at ~£140.

Soldato
Dads in Singapore at the moment as is bringing me back a set of the "new" d3s' so Ill be able to do a back to back compare in a few weeks

Associate
I'm returning my 4th pair of VSD3S to LMUR, last set faulty cable where it inserts into the earpiece. Prior it's been driver issue or cable issue.

Can anyone recommend a better quality replacement that has the same sound signature, and most importantly fit? (edit) -- Just purchased a pair of Fidue A73

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That's why you are given the option by LMUR for a replacement cable, replacement detachable, or a replacement non-detachable version. The latter doesn't have the connector issue, which is the most common fault.

A73 is a good shout, the GR07 BE would have been a good option too (and where I would have put my money, but I am biased).

Associate
That's why you are given the option by LMUR for a replacement cable, replacement detachable, or a replacement non-detachable version. The latter doesn't have the connector issue, which is the most common fault.

A73 is a good shout, the GR07 BE would have been a good option too (and where I would have put my money, but I am biased).

I wanted the detachable cable (they didn't have any unfortunately).

Fidue A73 arrived, fit isn't as good as the Vsonic which is complicating the sound. No cable tie either, otherwise I think the sound signature is somewhere between the VSD3 & 5. - early days.

Last edited:
Soldato
just arrived 1 week from ordering which is impressive for free delivery

Sound pretty good for my needs i'll spend a bit more time with them before giving a real opinion as i'm not really a fan of iems.

Back
Top Bottom