"Just stop oil"

Caporegime
I never shy from an opportunity to take the mick out of stupid people, and I honestly didn't think those extinction rebellion pancakes would ever be trumped in the stupid stakes, yet here we are :D

"Just stop oil"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-60951403

In what must be the most spectacular way of telling the world that you're probably the best poster child for the Dunning Kruger effect, these idiots are now protesting oil. No reasoning apart from "oil bad" as usual, the force with which these idiots shove their stupidity down our throats is truly a thing to behold.

To be clear before the usuals jump all over me, I do agree that oil is a disgusting business which puts profits over everything else and our dependency on it is unsustainable but the fact is that we're completely and utterly dependent on it as a society and are in no position to just "stop oil".

Also, I just like taking the mick out of idiots who deliberately put themselves in the limelight not knowing how completely and utterly stupid they are presenting themselves to anyone with half a brain.

Who also have a habit of putting their beliefs aside when the weather's a bit chilly.

We'll call them "fair weather, mild, occasional protesters" :D

Man of Honour
Probably Russian organised given the current situation - it plays to Russian interests to disrupt stuff like this and those protesting are too stupid to see they are being used for other's agenda.

Caporegime
I wonder whos paying these people and insulate Britain types.

someone must be surely, like in america where people are paid to protest

Soldato
I'm happy for folks to protest all they want, they can walk up and down the pavement waving placards all day long for weeks at a time without any complaint as far as I'm concerned, but when they stop commerce by blocking roads I wonder if they're not doing far more damage to their own cause because "everyday" folks from all classes, whilst usually open to listening about environmental issues, get pee'd off very quickly when a group of middle class idiots cause chaos.

I'm quite surprised that after, the first 1 or 2 ExR protests which blocked roads, the Government didn't over-react as usual and implement a poorly thought-out anti-protesting law which will have unintended consequences in the future.........Ah, spoke too soon :D - Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill 2021

Soldato
Take it they walked all the way to get to those depots then? Even if they somehow unimaginably did, all their clothes and shoes they're wearing they walked in didn't get to their hands without oil, it's ok they'll be at home tomorrow, unironically waiting in for their Amazon delivery or ubereats. Nice plastic bucket they've got sitting with them at one of their "protests".

Associate
Probably Russian organised given the current situation - it plays to Russian interests to disrupt stuff like this and those protesting are too stupid to see they are being used for other's agenda.

Those protesting are too stupid to see they are being used for other's agenda.
Yep... its the same for a lot of things.

Caporegime
Clearly they are idiots.

But just to pick you up on fair weather protestors...it was bloody cold in Essex today. It was snowing on and off and the wind made it feel like 2°C

Caporegime
We had some climate protestors try and break in to our site last year to protest coal.
They were rather upset when we pointed out to them that we'd successfully phased out coal completely for the first time in over 200 years.
Bless them and their bus journey from London which caused far more pollution than the coal we didn't have.

Caporegime
The silly thing about this stuff is just how long they take to clear them, if they were cleared away and arrested quicker then it would make for a much less effective protest, instead you see them blocking roads etc.. and people go and try to negotiate with them a bit etc.. then multiple people are needed to move them one at a time.

Soldato
Its spring or its supposed to be and all the I've-nothing-better-to-do-with-my-life's will be out protesting and blocking motorways they're already planning major disruption in London from mid April (you won't see them in winter they're all too busy huddled up in indoors but come the warm they'll be out making life hell for everyone who isn't them).

Its becoming a major pastime in this country "what do you do in your spare time? Fishing? Cycling? Running?"
"No I'm a full time protestor"

Soldato
++++++++++1 -you knock them over and I will be behind you squashing them.

I thought it was wrong fining that woman a £1000 for nudging one of them - They should have given her a Grand

Caporegime
++++++++++1 -you knock them over and I will be behind you squashing them.

I thought it was wrong fining that woman a £1000 for nudging one of them - They should have given her a Grand

I find old people on the roads to be a massive inconvenience; slow, unpredictable, aimless. Am I OK to run you over?

Back
Top Bottom