"Just stop oil"

Soldato
Religious people who defy the law in the name of what is right are often some of the most notable. The Church trumps the law on morality within the religion.

She is arguably sacrificing her freedom to stop a great evil.
The ends don't justify the means.

Trying to destroy the magna carta, the foundation of democracy both here and abroad, isn't the right protest.

If she is protesting against evil why does she think evil people would care about democracy?

Soldato
Soldato
TBH I like protests but if you're going to protest only do it if you're willing to follow through on your conviction.

In this case, literally.

Agreed. Thought while I’m fine with people protesting and following their convictions, when it involves public damage, nuisance or vandalism etc. they deserve all that’s coming to them.

Soldato
Agreed. Thought while I’m fine with people protesting and following their convictions, when it involves public damage, nuisance or vandalism etc. they deserve all that’s coming to them.
I'm trying to think of any protest that's not involved damage, violence or vandalism that's ever succeeded though.

E: I think by their very nature protests are supposed to be a nuisance

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why do they all have green or purple hair? They just be some toxins in hair dye which aren’t good for the environment.
So normal people know to avoid them at all costs and don't try to get friendly if they are your neighbours.

No doubt in a few years some karans will be crying that the purple hair brigade is a derogatory stereotype with no foundations in reality

Last edited:
Associate
I'm trying to think of any protest that's not involved damage, violence or vandalism that's ever succeeded though.

E: I think by their very nature protests are supposed to be a nuisance

Cant think of many that have involved damage, violence or vandalism and have been successful ?

Poll tax riots maybe but other than that......protesting seems to be more about making them feel good about themselves rather than actually creating change.

Soldato
Cant think of many that have involved damage, violence or vandalism and have been successful ?

Poll tax riots maybe but other than that......protesting seems to be more about making them feel good about themselves rather than actually creating change.
Suffragettes was probably one of the most violent, that managed to get some women and a lot of men who were allowed to fight in wars, but not vote, the vote.

Associate
Suffragettes was probably one of the most violent, that managed to get some women and a lot of men who were allowed to fight in wars, but not vote, the vote.
The fact you had to go back that far sort of proves my point. Protests - violent or otherwise, rarely, if at all, succeed in their aims. Take the current pro-Palestinian marches every weekend - do they really think they will make even the slightest bit of difference - other than costing the tax payer millions for policing them its just a nice but totally pointless day out.

Soldato
The fact you had to go back that far sort of proves my point. Protests - violent or otherwise, rarely, if at all, succeed in their aims. Take the current pro-Palestinian marches every weekend - do they really think they will make even the slightest bit of difference - other than costing the tax payer millions for policing them its just a nice but totally pointless day out.
Stop being silly, twas an example.

You've provided no examples of the converse. I'd be happy to hear them unless you just want to keep rambling.

Soldato
Will cracking the glass on a copy of the Magna Carta stop us using oil? How about throwing paint at a priceless painting? Would that work do you think?
I assume all the idiots will come out to play again now the weather is better.

Back
Top Bottom