"Just stop oil"

Soldato
I bet oil sales have gone up since these clowns came around.

some of their funding is from oil company money, genius move.

get the most unlikeable and unrelatable people on the planet protesting against your family oil business, everyone else will turn on them.

It's like it triggers that childish mentality.

Parent says No, you want it more.

the more these fools tell us to stop the more we will want to use oil

I think that putting them into the role of parent would make most of us leave home or emulate Lizzie Bordens axe technique.

Caporegime
not exactly just stop oil related but they attacked barclays too with paint

BBC DJ Liz Kershaw has hit out at protesters targeting Barclays' sponsorship of summer music festivals, warning that their woke opposition will be 'potentially devastating for our culture'.
Ms Kershaw, 65, said that wrecking such financial deals would place many musical and cultural events under threat.
She spoke out after Barclays suspended sponsorship of music festivals staged by promoter Live Nation, including Download, Latitude and the Isle of Wight.
The bank, which puts in six-figure sums to help stage the events, pulled out after several acts refused to appear in protest at Barclays' financial services for defence firms supplying Israel.
seems like karma as I'm sure a lot of the raa ra just stop oil trust fund babies attend these festivals

Last edited:
Don
The Fringe, to their credit, have refused to kneel to protestors over one of the sponsors being (loosely) related to oil. They don't really have a choice, they'll go bust otherwise. Couple of book festivals have already collapsed due to them terminating sponsorship with the firm they were targetting.

As you say, targetting their own - can't remember the environmentalist that spoke out the other day, but they were saying to stop it :D

Edit:
Ahhh it was Green Party Leader Harvie - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ck559wyxg59o :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m pretty sure Alistair Campbell covered this in his podcast and basically dismantled the campaign groups claim by claim.

There is a certain irony with the name ‘fossil free books’ given the trees felled to make said books would have been felled with machinery powered by fossil fuels, transported on the back of a diesel lorry to be processed multiple times at separate sites before making their way to a printer and finally a shop, all powered by fossil fuels.

We all know we need to ween ourselves off dinosaur juice but it’s not just something you can turn off overnight when the whole economy runs on the black stuff. These protest groups are not helpful, if anything they are counter productive.

Targeting the arts is just going to lead the arts to be cancelled, not the oil, I just can’t see how they can’t see that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m pretty sure Alistair Campbell covered this in his podcast and basically dismantled the campaign groups claim by claim.

There is a certain irony with the name ‘fossil free books’ given the trees felled to make said books would have been felled with machinery powered by fossil fuels, transported on the back of a diesel lorry to be processed multiple times at separate sites before making their way to a printer and finally a shop, all powered by fossil fuels.

We all know we need to ween ourselves off dinosaur juice but it’s not just something you can turn off overnight when the whole economy runs on the black stuff. These protest groups are not helpful, if anything they are counter productive.

Targeting the arts is just going to lead the arts to be cancelled, not the oil, I just can’t see how they can’t see that.
This is the Alistair Campbell that got the U.K. involved in a multi-decade war which was a total waste of blood and treasure through being a pathological liar?

Soldato
Suffragettes was probably one of the most violent, that managed to get some women and a lot of men who were allowed to fight in wars, but not vote, the vote.

The suffragettes gave up their activism when WW1 started and it was towards the end of that war that limited female suffrage was introduced.

Women's roles during the war achieved more than the activism that had preceded it. Ditto for men (who achieved much wider sufferage)... the war made it a lot harder to say that more men shouldn't get the vote.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom