"Just stop oil"

Soldato
In the 90s they used to chase and apprehend thieves etc..

I guess some right lefty RAA RAA just stop oil types back in the early 00s helped sue them for doing their job

wouldn't be surprised if kier was involved tbh, he seems soft on crime and was one of those lefty lawyers right

Probably. It's always funny seeing the ones at supermarkets, what's the point. People just walk out the door with armfuls of stolen stuff and they do nothing. It's no suprise shoplifting is now so rampant.

Even when you accidentally set the alarm off because the person at the till forgot to disable the tag on something...no finger lifted.

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably. It's always funny seeing the ones at supermarkets, what's the point. People just walk out the door with armfuls of stolen stuff and they do nothing. It's no suprise shoplifting is now so rampant.

Even when you accidentally set the alarm off because the person at the till forgot to disable the tag on something...no finger lifted.
Well TBH I wouldn't risk getting stabbed by a druggie for minimum wage either.

Caporegime
Security guards need more powers.

should be able to rush them to the floor and drag them kicking and screaming

They're in their 80s, security don't need to do much more than just grab an arm and lead/lift them away from the display and they're already perfectly entitled to do that.

Though given that security managed to bungle letting them into the building with a hammer and chisel in the first place I'm not sure I'd expect a particularly rapid response either.

Associate
anyone but the rich americans funding it...

wasnt one of the main funders some woman from an oil family.... GO AWAY WITH YOUR OIL GUILT

Given how much anger there is on this thread against them for their disruptive protests it would actually make sense for fossil fuel companies to fund them!

I understand why Just Stop Oil/Extinction Rebellion use these tactics (because for decades polite peaceful protests about global warming were ignored by the establishment and not even reported by the media), but these sorts of protests are counterproductive if they want to get the public on their side.

Associate
Given how much anger there is on this thread against them for their disruptive protests it would actually make sense for fossil fuel companies to fund them!

I understand why Just Stop Oil/Extinction Rebellion use these tactics (because for decades polite peaceful protests about global warming were ignored by the establishment and not even reported by the media), but these sorts of protests are counterproductive if they want to get the public on their side.
Considered arguments and points aren't wanted it today's world unless it's on tok tik.

Caporegime

it's Aileen Getty

according to google

Her grandfather, the founder of the Getty Oil Company, was described as the richest man in the world in the 1960s

She co-founded the Climate Emergency Fund in 2019. The fund has distributed over $4 million to several environmental activist organizations including Extinction Rebellion and Just Stop Oil.

Soldato
One of them was a Reverend too, giving advice to others smh.

I hope she is removed from that position, and they are both charged with a crime.

Religious people who defy the law in the name of what is right are often some of the most notable. The Church trumps the law on morality within the religion.

She is arguably sacrificing her freedom to stop a great evil.

Back
Top Bottom