Katie Hopkins Sacked

Caporegime
What if people are able to consider more than one thing at a time? I don't think anybody was saying Katie Hopkins is worse than a terrorist attack.

Permabanned
I have to agree. But to sack her I feel the LBC itself has done this through their overly liberal views.

It's meant to be a unbiased, freedom to speech political radio station with all views across the political spectrum.

Caporegime
It's a commercial entity that relies on advertising income. The right is very well represented even without Hopkins.

Soldato
It's meant to be a unbiased, freedom to speech political radio station with all views across the political spectrum.

Would you be OK with LBC employing someone like Abu Hamza and allowing him to imply that all westerners should be exterminated?

He's got not only the right to free speech but the right to be given a paid platform for his speech, right?

Soldato
She's probably drawing up a contract with Breitbart right now, seems all the ostracised journalists for their racist, unfiltered views end up there.

Soldato
Would you be OK with LBC employing someone like Abu Hamza and allowing him to imply that all westerners should be exterminated?

He's got not only the right to free speech but the right to be given a paid platform for his speech, right?

Not only would be fired, but he would also be investigated for hate speech. The double standard some her supporters on here have is quite something.

Soldato
I have to agree. But to sack her I feel the LBC itself has done this through their overly liberal views.

You know that the 'final solution' included killing over 6 million men, women and children in cold blood right?

What she said it the same as certain Muslims calling for the death of westerners, many of which have been tried for hate crimes/inciting violence. The only double standard here is that she's not being treated harshly enough.

Caporegime
Don't forget she previously said the doors need locking on the House of Lords and they all need gassing. If a Muslim preacher had said that on radio he would be getting locked up.

Caporegime
I think it's denying the Holocaust which is illegal, one can invoke it in word and print without fear of prosecution, the Holocaust hasn't got the monopoly on genocide by the way, there are mootable examples of genocidal malarkey pre and post WW2.

Uhh... How is calling for a billion (very specifically muslims) dead not a hate crime? I'm surprised she's just been allowed to go on with her merry life as is.

Caporegime
I think it's denying the Holocaust which is illegal, one can invoke it in word and print without fear of prosecution

Holocaust denial is not illegal in the UK. Hate speech is illegal.

the Holocaust hasn't got the monopoly on genocide by the way, there are mootable examples of genocidal malarkey pre and post WW2.

Yes, obviously. But that's not the point.

Soldato
The woman is a first class manipulator. Just look at this vid:

She invites him in, then SHE interrupts the caller herself and tells Russell to start speaking into the mic lmao. And then she blames Russell for the interruption and calls him a child with an evil smirk on her face lol.

She's an absolute professional troll and Fox News must be headhunting for professionals like her.

Back
Top Bottom