Katie Hopkins Sacked

Man of Honour
Any merit to ANY otherwise worthwhile comment she has made is completely undermined by her being an absolutely horrible person. I cannot think that anyone so horrible is worth listening to because by default they are obnoxious and unreasonable.

Man of Honour
She guests on Limbaugh [ or is it Hannity ? ] on US radio and on Fox TV.

Might come as a shock to SE England dental flossers , but LBC is actually local radio, not heard much in York or Strathpeffer.

It used to be a local London station but with the advent of digital radio they have rebranded (Leading Britain's Conversation) to try to become more national.

Associate
I can't help but feel that as long as she's not inciting people, that as a host of a phone in show it's her spiel to irritate people enough to call in. Whenever I caught her show on a Sunday it was good for a few laughs hearing how off the wall she is, and not to be taken seriously at all. I don't want to hear opinions I agree with all the time and listening to someone who probably has a selection of tin hats in her wardrobe was good for a laugh.

However, there's a line to be drawn about what she can get away with....the recent case where she's had to pay compensation and legal charges shows that she's not good at respecting it. The final solution tweet strikes me as poor wording rather than genuine intent.
Most sensible post in this thread !

Permabanned
Just reading up on this ....... very sad for Katie.

Typical closing up rightful freedom of speech, when she just has the guts to speak what majority of people think.
Bearing in mind you still have James O Brian, constantly spewing his liberal far left and round the corner views. Just think it's very wrong.

I'll be complaining daily about O Brien now need to level up the playing field.

Soldato
The final solution tweet strikes me as poor wording rather than genuine intent.

For someone who has built a career on being controversial the way she has, I think it's incredibly naive to think her comment of 'we need a final solution' was a mere poor selection of words rather than an intent to attract more controversy.

She knew what she was doing.

That's before you even start to consider what could be meant by 'a final solution', even if you pretend to yourself that she is completely unaware of the phrases historical links to genocide.

Soldato
With kids and families getting blown up in massacre. Saying we need a final solution seems like the conversation we need to be having. Nothing can be worse than the crime itself. But liberals see it differently.

Nothing can be worse?

If we were to assume she were actually advocating a 'final solution' of ethnic cleansing as the 'final solution to the question of the Jews' was, do you sincerely believe that the mass genocide of all Muslims within the UK wouldn't be worse than a handful of extremists bombing a relatively small number of civilians?

(To be clear I don't think she was advocating that for a second, she just wanted attention)

Caporegime
With kids and families getting blown up in massacre. Saying we need a final solution seems like the conversation we need to be having. Nothing can be worse than the crime itself. But liberals see it differently.

You have no idea what the phrase refers to do you?

Go Google it and think about that.

You are probably quiet young, with not a great education so it's expected.

Caporegime
If you're too thick to realise that the phrase "final solution" has a meaning attached to it then you have no business commenting on the perceived failures of politicians. Hopkins knew what she was saying.

Caporegime
She's not stupid, she's committed to being this contrarian figure as it's what provides her income. She's just getting increasing competition from other commentators who have realised that it's not really that difficult to spout ill-informed crap to a willing audience, so has upped the ante to maintain her USP of being the absolute worst. This time it crossed a line with one of her employers.

Soldato
Well if she did then she's was very stupid to do so.
Of course she knew, you'd have to be incredibly naive to think she had no idea what 'Final Solution' means historically.

Do you know? You're here saying we need to be talking about 'a final solution'? Is that what you support? Genocide of Muslims?

You avoided the question the first time which makes me think you believe genocide of muslims actually would not be worse.

Man of Honour
You are using the term liberals as if it's supporters of an opposing football team / a collective of pantomime villains.

More and more I see left / right / liberal used in this way.

Back
Top Bottom