Kerbal Space Program 2

My PC will be up and running in weeks so I'll get on it :)

plan! I’ve been putting off trying to get Windows 10 working on my Mac mini with boot camp and egpu (unstable mess of a disaster so far) so ill put some time in soon to get it up and running for ksp 1&2.....not played ksp 1 in a while due to work but time I got it ready for this winters gaming !

Loved the first one, hopefully the sequel will be good... there's a lot to worry about though... take two's meddling and penchant for micro transactions, private division's track record of pulling games off Steam to EGS at the last minute... if it arrives riddled with grindy gameplay and an awful online store plus EGS exclusive so no possibility of a mod workshop or anything like that it'll be D.O.A

Loved the first one, hopefully the sequel will be good... there's a lot to worry about though... take two's meddling and penchant for micro transactions, private division's track record of pulling games off Steam to EGS at the last minute... if it arrives riddled with grindy gameplay and an awful online store plus EGS exclusive so no possibility of a mod workshop or anything like that it'll be D.O.A

According to an interview I watched it's got more scope for modding than the first KSP :p

According to an interview I watched it's got more scope for modding than the first KSP :p

Let's hope so :) I really like the idea of being able to construct proper bases and things on the other planets... you could kind of do that in KSP1 but at best you were just landing a few chunky spacecraft on the surface arranged in a "base like" fashion... If they implemented something like "Surviving Mars"-lite where you can ship materials to the planets and then build habitats and biomes and things, actually try to make a proper colony that would be great (and a much better goal to get to the planets than in KSP1)

Thats great news although i'll try to not get too excited in case its a disappointment.

I have over 1200 hours in KSP and still play it. I'm on my 5th career campaign at the moment on everything on hard including the line of sight communications and using relays etc.

I'm currently planning an unmanned trip to the Jool system to land 5 probes on all the moons on the one trip. To have enough delta V my ship is costing 800k to build so far. Its based on my Neptune 5 ship that I just built to land and return from Moho in a single trip

God i'm getting giddy thinking of KSP2 !

I loved the first one, although I ran out of skills and could have done with a phd in astrophysics. The first time I landed on the second moon, I could have rang my tshirt out into a bucket!

I still think about what Scott Manley said on one of his YouTube videos where he interviewed one of the developers, right at the end, sums up everything really in one sentence.

"Don't screw it up."

Tried the demo of the first one and while I found it interesting I hadn't the slightest clue wtf I was doing. Hope this has a demo as well.

Tried the demo of the first one and while I found it interesting I hadn't the slightest clue wtf I was doing. Hope this has a demo as well.

orbital_mechanics.png

Hasn't the internet already decided its a rip off and over priced for an early access game with less features than the original.

I really need to stay off Reddit.

Comes out Friday I think, Loved first KSP but not sure whether its worth jumping on at launch, I have a lot of steam backlog since getting my new PC.

Back
Top Bottom