Kerbal Space Program

Man of Honour
It's for maneuvering, spinning ship round etc.
The physics are very good at the moment, so it's easy to rotate ships round in space ATM. But hopefully it'll get harder, as they should be able to rotate like that.

Still need RCS for big ships that are slow to move.
And also fine tuning, like docking.

Soldato
Sort of, got my orbit right down, but even at top warp time it was taking far to long to move no where, it might still be up there though.

It's not actually a physical thing yet is it?

nope, think it is just a point in space.
was going to build a ship with the express point of reaching the sun but don't know if it's possible

Man of Honour
nope, think it is just a point in space.
was going to build a ship with the express point of reaching the sun but don't know if it's possible

If you can carry enough fuel it's possible. Mine ran out of fuel, but probably got the back Engadget of the orbit down to less than 1/6 of that to kerbal.

Be more exiting, once the sun actually exists. But we're talking such vast distances. You need to leave computer on and go watch tv. Or just go do other rockets and come back in about a months time.

Soldato
I'm strangely proud. :p

mun.jpg

Getting there one step at a time. :D

Man of Honour
im getting very close to sun, ran out of fuel, an improved craft is up, and waiting for deacelartion burn, just need to get far far far away from kerbal, marginally shorter burn.

screenshot17c.png

I love the sat relay mod. you cant tell in this pic but 4 in geo stationery orbit at 90HDG and 1 in geo stationery orbit at 0Degrees heading, well as close as possible, they are drifting away though, very very slowly.

screenshot18v.png

the ones its bouncing of there are random LEO Dynasat

Edit
The new "improved" sun probe had a slight malfunction.
screenshot20j.png

Last edited:
Associate
Haha :p

I tried the demo once, thought it would be fun for a while but then once it got to the point where I wanted to play properly I wouldn't know how to change my ship to improve it :p

Post a picture an i can suggest a few pointers too simplify the design.
Usually its a case of, "What can I leave behind"

An remember, Every part weights extra.
Even an unconnect strut weights .2 more. Engines 2.5 or tanks just 1.

More weight means less total distance on same energy output.
To summarise; Less parts trully is more.. ;)

Great work, orderoftheflame.
Have you landed on the Mun yet?
Use the stock movable wings (3) is sufficent for a basic lander.

Man of Honour
Oh yeah, I'm sure some debris shows up in the satelite list though.
Not booting up comp to check though..

Just use the command module that comes in the mod. Just don't go out of range putting the first couple in orbit.

Get a solar panel mod as well, to make it look cool.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh yeah, I'm sure some debris shows up in the satelite list though.
Not booting up comp to check though..

Just use the command module that comes in the mod. Just don't go out of range putting the first couple in orbit.

Get a solar panel mod as well, to make it look cool.
L
yeh i got a few solar panels, and launched a few comstats at the moment. What alt did you go for, im high alt at the moment. stationary orbits seem to high, but low orbits seem too low as the spread isnt enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great work, orderoftheflame.
Have you landed on the Mun yet?
Use the stock movable wings (3) is sufficent for a basic lander.

I haven't tried landing as I didn't really plan on going there to be honest. The rocket I did it with doesn't have anything in the way of stuff to land well with I don't think. :o

I was still mucking about trying to rotate orbits well, but I ended up with one nearly flat against the mun orbit. So I just decided to go, stretched out my orbit until it caught me. :p Then it's just a case of making it a round orbit same as I'd done round Kerbal. :)

It's next on my list to do though. :p

Soldato
Managed a Minimus orbit last night, that's a lot more work than the Mun. Aligning the orbit (with the steps I mentioned further up the page) was quite easy however even at 10k gamespeed the orbit that far out is slow so catching the it took a while and it's gravity isn't strong so you need to get really quite close. Now sat in a orbit at around 8 km :D

Next step, land on minimus! Another thing I want to try is a Geostationary orbit, so I stay straight up from Kerbal Space Central at all times :)

Associate
Managed a Minimus orbit last night, that's a lot more work than the Mun. Aligning the orbit (with the steps I mentioned further up the page) was quite easy however even at 10k gamespeed the orbit that far out is slow so catching the it took a while and it's gravity isn't strong so you need to get really quite close. Now sat in a orbit at around 8 km :D

Next step, land on minimus! Another thing I want to try is a Geostationary orbit, so I stay straight up from Kerbal Space Central at all times :)

Ohh come on..
Its safe too orbit Minimus at 5Km (Pe/Po) an depending on what terrain is below you, even 4Km is possible (Risk of going splat).
Try it, Minimus looks soo much better up close.

Any guides/info you can give on Geosync orbit over KSC, thats one thing I haven't done yet. :o

Soldato
Is this one of those games that makes you suddenly look at the clock and think "oh **** it's 3am and I have to get up for work in 3 hours!" ??

Back
Top Bottom