• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Kind of feel sorry for this dude

Associate
I’ve sold quite a few things of tech wise on the bay and the majority of ppl are good. But there are some ppl who buy use and break and return it under PayPal. Trust me you as a seller haven’t got a leg to stand on. Had a graphics card returned once and it was working fine when I sent it and got it back and the cooler wasn’t even screwed on. I can only guess they were doing something maybe water cooling it and damaged something. However they ruled in favour of the buyer. That was a pain.

mind you looking at this forums there’s a few ppl who buy to use free for 28 days and return and they seem to do it for many things.

Associate
Yeah returns not accepted, posted with tracking and signature required ;)

If a buyer receives the wrong item, it arrives damaged, or it doesn't match the listing description, they can return it to you even if your return policy states you don't accept returns. ... Give a full refund – You'll issue a full refund to the buyer, including original postage costs, and they'll keep the item.

Caporegime
In the DF retro video the 3080 is 90 to 100 percent faster than a 2080. Not unreasonable to assume that the 3070 would match or slightly surpass a 2080ti.
From nvidia graph of averaged games which were no doubt selected to show the 3 series in the best light, the 3070 is 1% faster than the 2080ti on average.

Which to me means in some games the 2080ti is going to be faster still.

Plus we don't know how these new cards overclock yet so if they don't and that comparison was at stock vs stock then the 2080ti still might be faster overall.

We have to wait for proper reviews

Associate
If a buyer receives the wrong item, it arrives damaged, or it doesn't match the listing description, they can return it to you even if your return policy states you don't accept returns. ... Give a full refund – You'll issue a full refund to the buyer, including original postage costs, and they'll keep the item.

Item is correct, it's insured, perfect working condition and matches description.... Not my first rodeo :rolleyes:

Soldato
Item is correct, it's insured, perfect working condition and matches description.... Not my first rodeo :rolleyes:

You've clearly done everything right on your end, so that's great. However, that's not the problem. Let's say the guy that receives it drops it down the stairs and it breaks. He lies and says it arrived broken and eBay will side with him and debit your account for the refund. You then chase up the courier who will stand by the fact it was delivered in good condition. You end up out of pocket.

Soldato
From nvidia graph of averaged games which were no doubt selected to show the 3 series in the best light, the 3070 is 1% faster than the 2080ti on average.

Which to me means in some games the 2080ti is going to be faster still.

Plus we don't know how these new cards overclock yet so if they don't and that comparison was at stock vs stock then the 2080ti still might be faster overall.

We have to wait for proper reviews

I bet they'll overclock like a champ. Giving us extra FLOPS

Associate
You've clearly done everything right on your end, so that's great. However, that's not the problem. Let's say the guy that receives it drops it down the stairs and it breaks. He lies and says it arrived broken and eBay will side with him and debit your account for the refund. You then chase up the courier who will stand by the fact it was delivered in good condition. You end up out of pocket.

yay that’s the point I was trying to get across

Caporegime
I bet they'll overclock like a champ. Giving us extra FLOPS

Not so sure. The power the 3080 has to use compared with the 3090 would lead you down the route that the silicon is not very good and the cards may already be pre overclocked for your maximum benefit and enjoyment :)

Soldato
yay that’s the point I was trying to get across

I just saw the prices of VII's on eBay and had a moment of thinking stuff it lets go for it. But I have seen so many horror stories on that place it's unreal from the retro games groups I am in.

Anything over £100 I start getting nervous with selling there.

Tbh I don't need the extra power so not going to be greedy

Associate

Oh yeah of course but it's the risk you take and not everyone are *********. On this occasion the guy has left positive feedback and happy with his purchase :cool:

Soldato
You should never sell PC hardware on auction site, highly likely of getting scammed.
I've sold tons of hardware on there and only came close to being burned once, when somebody bought a RAM kit from me that they thought had RGB lighting (it was a standard TridentZ kit), so they filed a claim a month later. Won the dispute though. I even sent an R9 290X to Mexico once, which I was somewhat expecting to get scammed on. Went perfectly fine though. It was at the height of the mining craze, so I'm sure it ended up in a farm somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom