King of the Monsters

Associate
Basically a CGI fest, sounds guff but probably worth a switch off brain watch.

I mean, yes, but it's Godzilla. The character/series is already over 50 years old, and I don't know what else you would expect from a Godzilla movie outside of big monsters fighting each other (when it's done right, unlike the 1998 and to an extent the 2014 films). It does look like they've tried to create some sort of emotional connection between some of them like Mothra and Godzilla itself, so hopefully it's not a complete Michael Bay generic smash fest.

Associate
This looks like a typical western monster movie with a guff story but amazing CGI and monsters. I'm sold!

The 2014 Godzilla was pretty pants but I'm a sucker for giant monsters, especially with excellent effects, so whenever Godzilla appeared all was forgiven. The child in me just loves the scale and all out destruction. I agree the running is stupid though, totally loses the sense of something gigantic and thus realistically ponderous (yes, I understand the irony of talking realism with regards to leviathans with biological energy weapons).

Back
Top Bottom