Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
Still playing but the monastery mission absolutely killed it for me. I rushed through that with a bit of help from online sites, so much time spent doing nothing but waiting. Since then I've felt rushed and just doing fetch quests. Fairly sure I'm getting close to the end now and disappointingly i don't think I'll keep on playing once the story is done.

Adored it up until that point ( maybe a little before).

That's where I got to too. Was pretty hooked on it up to that point, but I've got zero motivation to do that mission.

Soldato
I got this using the Xbox game pass for PC. Beautiful game to look at and it's very compelling. I lose myself for ages basically doing nothing.

It's just the base game that I have without any DLCs or mods. I will wait until there is a deal on for everything and buy them all.

I wish they had implemented a save system though. Just because it crashes more than any other game that I have played. I was playing for over an hour, not doing any quests but exploring and increasing my stats when I found a Bath house and decided to have a shave. It crashed, and I lost all that I had done :(

Soldato
I got this using the Xbox game pass for PC. Beautiful game to look at and it's very compelling. I lose myself for ages basically doing nothing.

It's just the base game that I have without any DLCs or mods. I will wait until there is a deal on for everything and buy them all.

I wish they had implemented a save system though. Just because it crashes more than any other game that I have played. I was playing for over an hour, not doing any quests but exploring and increasing my stats when I found a Bath house and decided to have a shave. It crashed, and I lost all that I had done :(
theres a mod for that mate

Soldato
Practice your alchemy. Get the perk you can make an extra mistake. You then don't need to boil for marigold decoctions. Grind a bit and just churn out a load of saviour schnspps. If you get to lvl 13 you can autobrw 3 at a time. Easy to make a lot of money quickly then.

Soldato
OP
Still playing but the monastery mission absolutely killed it for me.

I keep reading this stuff and never understand it. For me the monastery mission was one of the best quests I have ever seen in an RPG. So elaborate, detailed, with multiple sidequests and ways to resolve it, it was like a game within a game. I spent few days there, did every sidequest and thorougly enjoyed it, even if it required some waiting from time to time on the mundane tasks.

Is there known issue with stuttering to almost a crawl in cut scenes? Using a ryzen 3900 and it crawled to a standstill 10 minutes into the game with a cutscene talking to someone, no problem when running around in game.

I have Ryzen 2700X and had no stuttering in cutscenes whatsoever. Steam version.

As others said, you can save at any time once you learn how to brew Savior Schnapps and brew them.
But the crashing is NOT normal. My playthrough (version 1.9.2 with all DLCs on Steam) took me over 200 hours (doing every quest and sidequest I found, exploring everything). In that time I had only two crashes during specific in engine cutscenes and both were caused by too low virtual memory settings in windows (swap file size) - after I increased it, it never crashed again.

My guess would be the Xbox Game Pass version being the culprit. The way MS encrypts gamefiles somehow messes with some games, I read people had issues with KCD and Metro on gamepass that do not exist with steam/GOG version. Steam and GOG versions are on sale right now, btw.

Soldato
It is funny that others have mentioned the monastery mission, that is where I stopped playing too.

I absolutely loved this game, I was so immersed in it but I got to that mission and got a bit bored so thought I would put it down for a while and come back to it but then other games and lack of time meant I still haven't picked it back up to this day.

I would really like to pick up again but I think it would be difficult to remember how to play it and what was going on and it is to long to start again.

Still one of my favourite games though!

jcr

jcr

Associate

you can save and exit to desktop at any time

Soldato
OP
I would really like to pick up again but I think it would be difficult to remember how to play it and what was going on and it is to long to start again.
It is not exactly rocket science to figure out how the game is played my man. WSAD + mouse, directional combat, maybe doing a bit of alchemy would take a sec to re-learn.

Soldato
OP
Yes you are probably right I do need to get back into it as it is a phenomenal game.
Here, have an appetizer

379430_2019082409084436kr4.png

379430_20190824110103bzkl0.png

379430_20190823015643q8j7d.png

I really can't wait for Kingdom Come II. Before it comes out I will replay the first for sure though.

Associate
Forgot how darn stunning this game is. I know its on the Cryengine but seriously for the first game Warhorse made since being formed its brilliant. Once I've finished replaying Witcher 3 I'm heading back to this.

Loved how they genuinely made Henry weak, dumb and naive (just as a blacksmith apprentice may have been in those times)but matures into a stronger and wiser character as he sees the world around him develop.

Shawrey

Associate
Just started replaying this but the lockpicking mod doesn't seem to work, it should unlock automatically any that are below my level, tried installing manually and using the nexus mod vortex app but I have to do the minigame

Soldato
Just started replaying this but the lockpicking mod doesn't seem to work, it should unlock automatically any that are below my level, tried installing manually and using the nexus mod vortex app but I have to do the minigame
If they're below your level they're really quite easy to do. Just need to unlock the master thief perk for almost all low grade locks to open instantly!

Back
Top Bottom