Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
OP
How do you find the dialogues? From what i've seen and i know its still only in beta but its horribly messy, lipsynching and weird stilted animations. On the one hand the graphics look very impressive in static screen but when i see them in videos....hrmm.

Everything connected to dialogue is terrible because it is placeholder. The heads, animations, voiceacting..all is placeholder.

Soldato
OP
Backed from the start but not actually tried it yet (not enough time). Its looking good though

Wonder if there would be a VR version.....

As far as I know they said they would like to support VR, but given the gameplay mechanics (combat, horse riding) it would be extremely demanding to do properly so it is not a priority.
Cryengine supports VR though, so there might be some rudimentary "at your own risk" support there on release.

Soldato
New video from Gamescom, showing some combat and stealth. If they can get the weapon play right (something like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic preferably), then this could be awesome.

Nettles confirmed!

Associate
Gives me the same feeling that Oblivion did back in the day! Even the font reminds me of it.

Shame about the controller keys.....

Soldato
OP
Is the voice acting still truly awful?

Apart from that the world they're building looks terrific.

All voice acting in the betas is place holder. Voice acting is one of the last things put into the game, so it is early to judge anything about it.

Gives me the same feeling that Oblivion did back in the day! Even the font reminds me of it.

Shame about the controller keys.....

Controllers are much easier for demoing at trade shows like gamescom. The game will obviously support mouse and keyboard as well as controllers.

Soldato
OP
I love the facial animations and overall world detail, sometimes it almost looks real! A mindblowing amount of effort must have gone into this, and I can only expect that my video card will be brought to its knees.

Bit surprised this hasn't generated more interest from a greater number of people on here.

Yeah it looks amazing, even the unpolished beta did. I am not really that worried about GPU perf, I think the real killer will be CPU. They have around 1000 NPCs constantly being busy in the world, and the behavior tree-based AI is something no other games have tried yet at this scope. It will hammer CPUs hard. I really hope they manage to somehow optimize it.

And yeah I am surprised at the not great interest, considering open world RPG is the best genre and this is the first real historical storydriven RPG ever made.

Back
Top Bottom