Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Man of Honour
My biggest concern with this game is the combat, from all the videos I've watched of it, it looks like it could be very iffy in terms of controls (for me at least), will need to see more once its released

Soldato
My biggest concern with this game is the combat, from all the videos I've watched of it, it looks like it could be very iffy in terms of controls (for me at least), will need to see more once its released

Agree with this 100%. I've two concerns, that being the first and perfornance of this stunning world being the second.

Last edited:
Underboss
I've read that they wanted to make combat really hard so that it is actually something to fear - just like it would have been in real life.

Really, that would be awesome if so.

Nothing worse than being a medieval super soldier taking on 50 armed guys with the same block, parry, attack combat like AC series.

From the marginal amount I have read/watched you're a blacksmiths son, not a nobleman's son so getting lots of combat training and sword fighting won't have been a staple of your life.

I just worry my PC won't be able to get the most out of the game, with CPU/GPU prices as they are I'm not upgrading for a while.

Soldato
A game with different combat mechanics will be interesting that's for sure.

As for non fantasy, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before modding happens.

Man of Honour
I've read that they wanted to make combat really hard so that it is actually something to fear - just like it would have been in real life.

My worry is that its a fine line between making the combat hard and making it annoying and frustrating to try to control. If the combat ends up putting a lot of people off , not because of difficulty but because people just struggle to control it properly, it could be a killer for a lot of people. I'm hoping its tough but tough because of AI or such rather than because the controls are just awkward to use. Fingers crossed !

Underboss
There's combat being purposely made difficult, but then there's combat being difficult from the clunky mechanic. To me it looks more the latter.

I'll wait out until release, a steep learning curve is fine by me - hopefully the combat is difficult but not clunky, I've not heard or seen anything from the beta players about it so can't really weight in.

Soldato
OP
I think the combat will be fairly easy to learn, harder to master. In the techbeta it was fairly rough, but after some 30 minutes I was able to hold my own pretty well against a single opponent.
But since this is an RPG, if you get your behind kicked, you can always run away and come back later when you get stronger or get better equipment. There are lot of combat perks that get unlocked.
This is a good interview that goes into bit of a detail
https://www.htxt.co.za/2018/02/01/how-kingdom-come-deliverance-makes-loot-exciting-without-magic/

Back
Top Bottom