Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
OP
my 8700k at 5ghz and 1080ti at 3440x1440 better run it at maxish settings if not they have some serious optimization to do!

It is not necessarily about optimization. It is about how what options they choose to expose in the presets. For example, I read from one of the devs that Ultra preset is mostly intended for futureproofing, for hardware that will be released in the future. Of course, they could simply take High and call it "Ultra" and then you would think "wow this game is amazingly optimized!"
Instead high is high and ultra is extremely demanding. So I hope people with high end hardware won't be boycotting the game because it doesn't run at 4K ultra 60fps, when it is not even intended to.

Soldato
Took a punt and bought this off CDkeys for £27.

I only play single player games and quite like slow paced exploring. Hoping this is something new and feels a bit different....

Soldato
OP
Just FYI..I know the keys from sites like cdkeys work...but where they source them is unknown. They might be buying them in lower priced regions and reselling, or they might be buying them with stolen credit cards.
I asked an employee at Warhorse Studios if they know where CDKeys get their keys and the answer is "We don't know where they get it, it is possible they are stolen."

Of course I get that the price is appealing, but if anyone cares about having it confirmed that developers actually get paid, I would recommend official resellers (GMG, uk.gamesplanet, Steam, GOG)

Soldato
CjS keys have sold me and a few others on here stolen serial codes (GW2!!!) whereas cdkeys have always been 100% safe. The only problem that I know of is they can be late sending out keys for pre-orders.

Associate
The achievements look like they will be pretty fun to try and get, despite be not being the type of person that normally cares about getting 100%.

Soldato
OP
I hope they've optimised it since the Beta which was pretty dire in places but quite an old build. Anyway due to OCUKs recent GPU offer I'm receiving a 1080 Ti in time for the launch :)
Damn, you are one lucky ******* :)

I hope my ancient 2500K@4ghz will be able to still feed my GTX1070 the 60fps I prefer.

Associate
Just FYI..I know the keys from sites like cdkeys work...but where they source them is unknown. They might be buying them in lower priced regions and reselling, or they might be buying them with stolen credit cards.
I asked an employee at Warhorse Studios if they know where CDKeys get their keys and the answer is "We don't know where they get it, it is possible they are stolen."

Of course I get that the price is appealing, but if anyone cares about having it confirmed that developers actually get paid, I would recommend official resellers (GMG, uk.gamesplanet, Steam, GOG)

cdkeys are well regarded as being legit and safe. I saw a pretty comprehensive post on another forum where their practices were described, with lots of people backing them up. They're not totally transparent, but their keys seem to come from legit sources with a branch back to the publishers (it's something to do with local sales offices of re-sellers providing cheaper keys in bulk to meet their local sales targets). Of course, due to the lack of transparency there's no real proof but I don't think they'd have been going for so long if they were dodgy. At least all the keys are being provided by them, rather than other sites that are essentially just offering a market to anyone that wants to sell keys.

Soldato
OP
cdkeys are well regarded as being legit and safe. I saw a pretty comprehensive post on another forum where their practices were described, with lots of people backing them up. They're not totally transparent, but their keys seem to come from legit sources with a branch back to the publishers (it's something to do with local sales offices of re-sellers providing cheaper keys in bulk to meet their local sales targets). Of course, due to the lack of transparency there's no real proof but I don't think they'd have been going for so long if they were dodgy. At least all the keys are being provided by them, rather than other sites that are essentially just offering a market to anyone that wants to sell keys.

I hope you are right. I am just warry of sites where the "about us" section provides zero info. Hopefully these guys source their keys legally.

Associate
Errrm, how come you are already playing this? Reviewer?

Yeah, keys went out yesterday. Embargo ends 8am on the 13th, so expect all the reviews and videos to be out then.

I've also never hand any problems when I've used cdkeys in the past, but I've only purchased from them a couple of times. Doesn't seem to be any controversy with them

Back
Top Bottom