Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

I've been playing some of this again today. Some of the quests are really well designed when you really look at it. If there were a bit more variety in gameplay this would be a masterpiece.

I've been playing some of this again today. Some of the quests are really well designed when you really look at it. If there were a bit more variety in gameplay this would be a masterpiece.
Just yesteday I watched a talk (below) by Dan Vávra that he did last year about the pitfalls and failures during development, where he mentioned how open world RPGs is the worst (as in most difficult) videogame genre to make, because it contains many other genres - combat game (melee), shooter (bows), stealth game, dialogue branching narrative game, a movie (4 hours of cutscenes), a horse racing sim..
But it still lacks variety in gameplay apparently :( :)

I really recommend watching it; it illustrates very well how much work has to go even into a mundane stuff the player doesn't really notice

I just can't get on with the crappy performance in this game. IMO the graphics aren't good enough to warrant not being able to max everything with a 1080ti at a high resolution/frame rate and the frame drops are just too much for me. I think the disclaimer that 'ultra' is for 'future hardware' is just an excuse for poor optimisation. I doubt I'll play through this for a couple of years tbh.

Some info about the future:

WH focus still relies on Kingdom Come: Deliverance and its DLCs.

The whole team is working on it, but we also have already plans for KCD2, and Daniel is indeed not scouting for a map expansion for a DLC, but he is already thinking about where to go next.

Nothing is set in stone so far about the next KCD game, which will come out in a few of years from now, this is just a small task force of Warhorse members planing ahead as a side-task while the core of the team is working on DLCs and Bugfixes. There are no assets, no gameplay mechanics or anything existing of KCD2 yet, and nobody is working on it so far.

The full fledged development of KCD2 can start after the release of the last DLC A Womans lot and modding support for KCD. All DLCs are within the Story of KCD1, while KCD2 will show what will come after the end of KCD1.

So it is not completely true, that Kingdom Come 2 is “no topic at all” for Warhorse Studios, as we are indeed working on plans about it, thinking ahead, but the development in itself hasn´t been started yet. The team is still working on Kingdom Come: Deliverance and its DLCs.

From a perspective of communications, KCD2 doesn´t matter at all, there is nothing to talk about it yet than, yes, there will be a second part continuing with the story at some point in the far future.

For now, we are Working on the DLCs, Mod-Support and Bugfixes for Kingdom Come: Deliverance. That's our focus.

hope KCD2 will take us to Prague, or if not there, then Kutná Hora (Kuttenberg).

Sounds like it's a good few years away judging by the post you kindly quoted earlier.

I've not been on this for a good while now, been sticking mainly to FPS, so quite a change! I'll dip back in when more DLCs are out as it really is such a fantastic creation.

How do I give money to beggars? I'm trying to raise my reputation in towns, but there is never an option in the dialogue choices to give town beggars money. I tried dropping coin in front of them they don't pick it up. I'm also giving extra to traders or when selling to all but my rep isn't going up.

Sounds like it's a good few years away judging by the post you kindly quoted earlier.

I've not been on this for a good while now, been sticking mainly to FPS, so quite a change! I'll dip back in when more DLCs are out as it really is such a fantastic creation.
Yeah I expect KCD2 in 2021/2022 at the earliest, they will not want to rush it and repeat a buggy launch.

How do I give money to beggars? I'm trying to raise my reputation in towns, but there is never an option in the dialogue choices to give town beggars money. I tried dropping coin in front of them they don't pick it up. I'm also giving extra to traders or when selling to all but my rep isn't going up.

Afaik you can only give food to some you meet on the roads...you can also give some money to the church as added by patch 1.5:

- Henry can now wash away his sins by buying indulgences in churches.

Back
Top Bottom