Poll: Kiwi fruit - skin on or off (poll please?)

Kiwi fruit - skin on or skin off?

• I eat 'em skin and all

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • Eeeewwww no, I peel 'em first

Votes: 99 67.8%
  • Pancake

Votes: 17 11.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
I've been having kiwi fruit chopped up in my muesli for breakfast for quite a while now. I just simply give it a quick rinse, halve it, cut out the tiny hard stalk at the end and then chop it up into bite sized chunks and bung it in and chow down. "Apparently" this is odd behaviour, and you *should* either skin them or eat them like a boiled egg with a spoon! What say you lot? Do you peel/skin or just east the whole thing? I just reckon as long as it's clean it's just extra fibre. Texture wise, it's like a thick skinned peach. Doesn't fuss me at any rate.

Possible poll options:

I eat 'em skin and all
Eeeewwww no, I peel 'em first

I guess it's fine if you want to eat it, but there's no way I'm eating the skin.

Personally I don't eat them because I don't like the unavoidable seeds texture. Same reason I won't have seeded jam, yogurt with bits, or non-smooth fruit juice.

Cut in half, teaspoon, scoop out the innards, simples.

I can't eat regular kiwis since I discovered golden kiwis however, the regular ones taste horrid by comparison.

On a side note, Kiwis have almost double the vitamin C of Oranges.

Sometimes I eat the skin if I'm feeling lazy. Need to wipe it down on a surface to get rid of all the little hairs though.

I quite often eat the skin to mangoes

Back
Top Bottom