Koolance Quick Disconnects query?

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

Can I get a quick disconnect for 7/16 ID tubing? It seems that Koolance don't do this size, unless I'm missing something?

I'm thinking of adding one inline so that I can disconnect the tubing and then remove the Koolance fitting thus acting as a drain port, as it's at the lowest point in my loop (bar the rad which is underneath it)?

Would this work or should I get something else, if so what?

Soldato
I drain from qdcs as well :D

I'll have a look when I get home, it's even more of a mine field on a phone :p

Edit: have heard bad things about the phobya qdcs.

Soldato
Right-o.

I did look for female threaded QDC's but I couldn't find any on OcUK's site, but they should exist (I see no reason why they wouldn't?). So male thread will have to do for now:

YOUR BASKET
1 x Koolance QDC (High Flow) No-Spill Shutoff Female, Threaded G 1/4 £10
1 x Koolance QDC (High Flow) No-Spill Shutoff Male, Panel, Female Threaded G 1/4 £9.98
Total : £22.26 (includes shipping : £1.90).

Note if you want to use your own compressions, you'd need either a couple of these with a method of blanking off the extra port, alternatively have a look about, certain G1/4" female/female barrels do exist and for cheap, unfortunately OcUK don't appear to stock something like this either.

Edit: Have an ask in CS too, as that second part (the male end of the QDC) is listed as being female thread, when the picture shows male thread.

Edit 2: It would appear on closer inspection it IS female threaded, the outer male thread is for bulk-head purposes. Which means a female QDC with female threads must exist. I shall dig a little further sir ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
From what I can make out from Koolance the above is about the best you can do, the threaded QDC's are directly aimed at using a bulkheads.

So you have two options, 1/2 barb terminations (What I use), or the above threaded, one male thread, one female thread and use a female barrel on the male thread to give you a female termination for using a compression of your choice.

I can't see any female/female g1/4 barrels in OcUK's stock, but XSPC make one and its product code is: G1418FFBLK (apologies to staff, this will inadvertently bring up some results from competitors).

If you're struggling to find barrels, I may have some basic hex style 1/4 BSPP ones floating about at work (may even have some in the 'man draw' at home, I'll look tomorrow) :)

Man of Honour
OP
Can you link the barb version I'd need on the 7/16 tubing please bud, the ones that you use or any better?

I'm getting confused as so many options that at first glance all look the same? And some need male/male or female/female, my brains wired to only accept male/female :D

Soldato
These are the exact ones I use (VL3's):

YOUR BASKET
1 x Koolance QDC (High Flow) No-Spill Shutoff, Male Panel Barb for ID 13mm (1/2in) £9.98
1 x Koolance QDC (High Flow) Shutoff Nozzle, Female Panel Barb for ID 13mm (1/2in) £7.99
Total : £20.26 (includes shipping : £1.90).

It is really tricky to buy them as koolance have so many different variations, you'd have thought it would make life easier for them if they just shipped them with female threads to add your choice of fitting :p

The barbs are pretty wide, be an idea to dunk the 7/16 tubing in some warm water for 30 seconds or so before working it onto the barb ;)

Soldato
Give me a nudge tomorrow and I'll take a pic, everything is makeshift at the moment but I do have a set of QDC's in place so I can just drop my GPU in the loop when it arrives :)

Oh and ignore the really un-tidy cut on the tubing, I managed to mangle part of my finger cutting it :p

Man of Honour
OP
I bought a bitspower T-shaped ball which is surplus to requirements but if I get the first option you gave and use this then I'm golden? It'd be terminating on a 90deg G1/4 fitting, and I have 2 left over compression fittings, looks like this'll be the best option for me to use and keep the compressions? :)

Man of Honour
OP
Give me a nudge tomorrow and I'll take a pic, everything is makeshift at the moment but I do have a set of QDC's in place so I can just drop my GPU in the loop when it arrives :)

Oh and ignore the really un-tidy cut on the tubing, I managed to mangle part of my finger cutting it :p

Thanks Paul, appreciate it :)

Talking of injuries, I was cutting a hole in the top foam of the shoggy sandwich with a sharp craft knife and decided it'd be a fun idea to see if my finger was puncture proof! Slipped with the knife and straight into my finger! :eek:

Man of Honour
OP

Friendly morning nudge :D

Would you mind also measuring the length of the 2 QDC's once connected please mate as I'm not too flush for space so just trying to work it all out :)

Back
Top Bottom